You could be an ex JW……..

by punkofnice 20 Replies latest social humour

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Just what were you looking for on the package of processed meat? We didn't have that particular quirk here.
  • fulano
    fulano
    Or not eating a hot dog on the street, might have blood.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

GT - back in the late '60s there was a big hoo ha with UK dubbies about blood products in food. Congregation servants were writing to companies asking if there was blood in ice cream (I kid you not), and all kinds of food.

It was mega embarrassing to be a JW ......well, I know it always has been embarrassing...but ya know!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/215838/does-your-product-contain-blood-1960-70s-twottery

• Oogie
    Oogie
    I loooooove black pudding now...muah, ha, haaaa.
  • fulano
    fulano
    @ Oogie...do you really? That's one of the things I won't get over. I smoke, cigars, grass sometimes, etc. but eating that kind of stuff...just can't.
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

You might be a female ex JW:

if you no longer own a dowdy dress and nylons.

If you no longer decide to buy a purse because it would make a great bookbag.

If you don't own a wooden spoon.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

if you no longer suffer with mental problems.

3rd gen - Wooden spoon.....hahahahahahahaha

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

PunkofNice - "back in the late '60s there was a big hoo ha with UK dubbies about blood products in food."

It their (meager) defense, some brands actually used "meat byproducts" (supposedly including blood) in the manufacture of wieners and other processed meat products.

Canada, too (hence the entry).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Vidiot - That's interesting. Sad about the JW paranoia though. I wonder if they are so worried now?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Not really; they just buy Schneiders.

x

On a related note; I was really glad when CDs became popular; the hard-core JWs would finally have to shut up about "backmasking" and/or how difficult it was to burn vinyl records they thought might be "satanic".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit