Has anyone recieved an email from this person?

by TheStar 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Star: When you get software to protect your PC ... get Norton (Semantec) Anti-Virus & Firewall 2002 ... it is about $60, but well worth every dime ... our systems need more than anti-virus ... the Firewall shields you from hackers while you are online. There are tens of thousands of hackers on line 24 hours a day with nothing better to do than mess around with people ... Norton will trace their hack attempts and you can report them.

The only ones that we can do little about are outside North America, usually coming from Asia, and I have had a few from Norway, Israel, and United Kingdom ... but at least the Firewall stops them.

• cellomould
    cellomould

This is probably the new internet worm. It is very very nasty, from what I have read. Anytime you see an attachment with more than one extension (i.e. somethingsomething.doc.bat) it's a VIRUS or WORM. (You have to check by getting the file properties to see this, however). It fools your e-mail into thinking that it is one type of file when it is really another.

I luvyou.doc.ikillyourcomputer

cellomould

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Yep, I received the very same emails from the very same name.

I deleted them immediately as well.

If someone had a question seeking advice, they would ask it in the text of their message, and not in an attachment.

• TheStar
    TheStar

Thank Amazing for the tip! I'll check into that software... $60 is nothing... I was thinking Anti-Virus software was much more expensive, glad to know it's not! And Amazing, I'm glad to see you posting, hope you are taking care of yourself and not over -extending yourself. ;)

Lisa,

Lars Nilsson sounds soooo familiar!! I don't want to spread rumors but I'm almost 100% he is a JW I knew back in my old "getting to know JWs on the internet" days. Dang! I can't post the full story on this guy for fear of giving away my identity but I will say if it's the same guy he is wacked!!

Reborn,

If someone had a question seeking advice, they would ask it in the text of their message, and not in an attachment.
    Yeeeaaahhh, you think someone that would want to send you a virus would be a little smarter about it but I AM greatful this one was not.
  • Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

I received it within the last 24 hours.

I simply deleted it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit