Has anyone recieved an email from this person?

by TheStar 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Oh great Lord, protect me from your followers.

FT

• Simon
    Simon

I did get the same virus / emails from three other Scandenavian sounding names within a very short time. Perhaps "brains trust" has hatched a plan to 'bring us down'

BTW: I'm not suggesting that Scandenavian's are at fault ... just that the emails may be linked and a coordinated effort rather than a chance occurence.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Although not from that person, I did receive some infected emails yesterday. Thank God, or whoever, that I have Norton installed and it automatically scans my email and blocks me from opening infected emails. Invest in a good antivirus program. They are well worth it.

• Matty
    Matty

Absolutely. McAfee or Nortons will sort it. Please don't switch off your email because of it. Amongst the crap I've got on my email I've made many wonderful friends here that I wouldn't have made if I had blocked my email. The best thing to do is have a special email address that is only used here, in that way you know why and where you got the mail.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Yes, I got them too. Gone, gone, gone. Thank you R Trust Antivirus!!

• LDH
    LDH

Mine were from someone named "Lars Nilsson". Of course, they were infected, and NO , I did not open them.

Lisa

• 2SYN
    2SYN

If you examine the extensions of the files attached carefully, you will notice that they are all executable extensions (as recognised by any Windows-compliant OS). .com and .bat are executable files which the average user doesn't see too often, so they may not be as familiar as the more common .exe extension. Be careful with attachments.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Yes I got one yesterday from Lars Nilsson with the same subject line and a zip attachment

I suspected it contained a virus so I deleted it too!!!! and glad I did, by the sounds of all this.

Had Enough

Edited by - Had Enough on 9 June 2002 22:13:34

• Farkel
    Farkel

A ".bat" file is a batch file that operates at the lower (DOS) levels of the operating system. Once it starts, it cannot be overridden by Windows (and its various incarnations) operating system. It can do everything from deleting everything on your hard drive, to reformatting your hard drive to partitioning your hard drive, to activating bizarre TSR's in your autoexec.bat file.

If anyone gets a ".bat" file and doesn't know the sender, do NOT run it.

Farkel

• Amazing
    Amazing

Yes, I received this too ... that is why I use Hotmail for all my email now ... MSN acts as a router and screens out this junk ... also, it was a large download file, and that is the first tip ... glad to know I was not the only one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit