Has anyone recieved an email from this person?

by TheStar 24 Replies latest jw friends

• TheStar
    TheStar

I recieved 3 emails from this person named, Tord Unevik, [email protected]

All three emails say the same thing.

Hi! How are you? I send you this file in order to have your advice See you later. Thanks.
    But he/she includes a different attachment in each one.
    Attachement #1,2 and 3 : Ledningsgruppmteden16dec.doc.com, SvenskInredning-hasseludden.doc.bat, Tjnstemannalner1998.doc.bat  
    I was leery of opening the attachments and since I don't know who this is, I deleted the emails. 
    Has anyone else recieved email from this person?

Edited by - TheStar on 9 June 2002 17:32:0

Edited by - TheStar on 9 June 2002 17:34:22

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

sounds like you did the right thing.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

It has all the hallmarks of a virus.

Never operate a computer attached to the Internet without virus software. Delete the files and head for Google, type in 'free virus software' there are some very good packages offered. Personally I use McAfee, it picks up at least four virus' each day.

Best - HS

Edited by - hillary_step on 9 June 2002 17:34:49

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

That's a virus (specifically SirCam). Either that person or someone else with them in their address book has been infected. Just delete the emails.

Hmmm

Edited by - hmmm on 9 June 2002 17:37:9

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, it's a virus

I've had the same documents from the email you listed.

Edited by - Simon on 9 June 2002 17:35:56

• Matty
    Matty

I got exactly the same thing sent to me too! What can you do?! I won't hide my email, I need my jw.com buddies!!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I got it too, but deleted it.

If anyone here sends a legit email to someone, it's best to put your screen name or JW.com on the subject line. If I don't recognize your email addy I usually delete it without reading it. Just being cautious.

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Did you just post virus infected links on your post?!?

Lizard

Edited by - LizardSnot on 9 June 2002 17:40:12

• COMF
    COMF

I got the three emails, too. Knew immediately what it was. I blocked the sender.

It's possible that it is just the virus at work in somebody's system, but I don't recognize the sender and can't think of a good reason for my email addy to be in his address book. If it's deliberate, then it will happen again from a different sender. No matter. I can swat a fly.

Pro-JW action? Possibly, from someone who has absorbed the "us against them" mentality while missing whole the point about Christian behavior. Perhaps, overshadowed by too many observation lessons in theocratic warfare.

COMF

Edited by - COMF on 9 June 2002 17:40:41

• TheStar
    TheStar

Thanks All!

It's amazing how us so called "apostates" are the ones that get attacked and have to be so careful with this kind of thing. When I was a JW, I was all over the place on the Internet and never had these problems.

I can't believe I have to watch my back against the supposed "loving Christians"... I mean I can believe it but it still stupefies me...

Damn shame I have to lock my email now.... Eeerrr... I don't have virus software on this home computer... Next on my shopping list.... it's a shame... Damn shame I say!

LizardSnot, NO I did not.

Edited by - TheStar on 9 June 2002 17:52:20

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit