Govening Body and JWN

by John Aquila 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Naa, that would be hypocritical being that they have stated many times to stay clear any from anti-JWS web sites run mostly by ex-jws apostates.

It would be assuming most likely that from time to time the GB members glance on to this site in private though.

It is known that at Bethel HQ that the WTS has JWS looking over sites like this one for copyright infringement.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader
    I wonder what the turnover is for those that monitor the "apostate" sites. I can't imagine any one of them could remain exposed to reality for very long and not come to their senses and leave.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I am in agreement with DoC. I can't imagine any members of the GB looking at these sites, they don't even wipe their own backsides. They would however, employ spies.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The GB are too busy traveling around the world getting their asses kissed and looking over the financial picture of the organization to be looking at apostate web sites.

Doing so would inadvertently incite probable doubts and perhaps guilt onto themselves and why would they intensionally do that ?

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

It would be assuming most likely that from time to time the GB members glance on to this site in private though.

You mean like this;

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Probably John

The GB have to be aware that there is an enormous amount of anti JWS information on the Net., which is influencing them how and what to do to counter that information.

I can see whats there making them a bit nervous and slightly paranoid.

• antes8080
    antes8080

Last year GB member morris gave a talk at c.o assemblie in California in Spanish someone here has posted that he was going to be in Escondido Ca AH.

he mention in his talk that there are alot apostates in the san Diego area. I was backstage been a groupie when he said that he was not going to go out and say hi to the friends couse someone posted on this site that he was going to be in Escondido.

so they difenetly monitor the site.

• flipper
    flipper

Some upper level ex scientology people said that there was always a team monitoring oppositional (defector) websites. Some of the monitors always ended up defecting but the organization figured losing a few was well worth the information they got. The monitors themselves are disposable - I guess their salvation isn't all that important to the grand poobahs....

Read up on scientology and you'll see that they are very similar to the watchtower. They are kind of like JWs on steroids and methamphetamines.

Mrs. Flipper

• sir82
    sir82

It is extraordinarily unlikely that any of the "magnificent 7" personally visit this site.

Conversely, it is extraordinarily likely that they have someone monitor the site for them, looking for copyright infringement, high-level leaks, etc.

It is quite likely that they pay a "worldly" source to do so, providing them with a list of "things to watch for", rather than risk exposing any loyal JWs to the "apostate thoughts" found here.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I think 100% they have a team that monitor these sites and ones like it. They'd be dumb not to. It's how they get a feel for what people really think since no JW will say it to their face. It's def how they get a general census on what they say and do.

I doubt they themselves look at these sites. I know in Bethel the internet is heavily monitored and people are always getting sent home for being on sites they shouldn't be on. I'm sure the GB internet traffic is monitored the same way.

What I don't know is whether it's group at Bethel monitoring these sites or if they hire someone to do that. I'd imagine the turn over would be very high if they did it in house. They most likely pay a PR firm a few hundred a month to report back on the internet activity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit