It Is Official, Just as Predicted on this Site... Local Cong Donates all Monies on Deposit with You Know Who!

by RichardHaley 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

My local cong just donated all money (4K +) on deposit with you know who to, you know who.

"Since the society forgave all kingdom hall loans the boe felt it only appropriate to forgive the society of our loan to them." is exactly how it was presented to the R&F. 1st and seconded and passed... bam over with in less than 2 min.

We were told years ago when the money we had in the savings was moved to the society not to worry, that it would be still like a savings account we could access at any time to cover our bills on short months or spend on upgrades to the hall. Our hall has been paid off for years (no money borrowed from wts) and we never borrowed any money for the last 2 remodels (around 30 years). We are obligated now to a monthly KH fund expense of $500 when the average donation per month before the "arrangement" was around $75.

Not that I am surprised, just that predictions on this site usually come true contrary to the dismal record of "you know who!"

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

These guys are making televangelists look like honest upstanding citizens!

An amazing money making scam they have going, I'm almost jealous!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We are obligated now to a monthly KH fund expense of $500

I hope you made a Freudian slip there, when you said WE are obligated to pay......

NOT ONE DIME of my money has gone into a Contribution Box in at least 5 years. I don't give a sh!t what the other dumb a$$es give them, but I talk negative about all the begging for money whenever I have the opportunity.

Doc

• zeb
    zeb

the 'we will look after your money for you is exactly the line Hitler used on launching the first VW car. People were asked to pay in and when they had enough balance they would get their car. very few every did. The hard earned money went on funding the reich.

May be its just me at my time of life but I see ever more similarities with the Hitler way and the wt way.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Yes, let the elders pay it if they want to. Seems a little overreaching for a congregation that typically doesn't raise so much because it isn't needed. They take the 4k and then will get mad when each 500 is a little short.

The worst that can happen is that they dissolve the congregation and remove the elders. If I were still in, I would have loved to have been removed. Driving to the next Kingdom Hall isn't going to help donations. They have only the power given to them.

Edited to add:
    I always thought the "Funds on loan to Watchtower" was a bad idea.

• prologos
    prologos

It would be nice if the Congregation account statement read would specify the amount that the Cong has "on deposit" with 'wt finance branch central', in addition to cash on hand.

Zeb: "The hard earned money went on funding the reich." yeah, obey, even if it is not logical; - be blessed in the 1000 year reich that never came, and wt's record is any indication will not come either.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

What a scam.

Bangalore

• smiddy
    smiddy

It has been said that the " People deserve the Government they Elect " and the same can be true with religion .

If these people/sheeple elect to give their money to the governing body , then they deserve all they get .

I have no sympathy for them. " Stupid is what stupid does " who said that .

smiddy

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Fear is what motivates every Elder to put forward proposals received from their clergy at Brooklyn, and fear is what impels no one to vote against any proposals.

The former group fears losing their position as pygmy "rulers", and the latter fears being viewed by everyone else in the congregation as being "opposers" of God's organization!

"Fear Witnesses" - nothing less.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force
    When I was still active I voted against every resolution, that brought be scorn from the elders, and an investigation as to why I always voted against them. So one is not free to vote against a resolution. After my accusing the elders of using Gestapo type tactics they left me alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit