Would you like to live for ever on earth?

by fulano 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fulano
    fulano

I was discussing this topic with two friends of mine, ex jws, a few nights ago. I think it would be boring after a while. You can't smoke, have to drink with moderation (difficult in Europe with all the wines). Living with the same wife for a million years. Not seeing children in daily life after a while when the Place is stuffed up with people. Hobbies..what's left after a million year? No challenges in life because all the fruit and veggies are there. Couldn't shoot I guess (meaning shooting pheasants for example). All the countries would have been visited in a 1000 years, Anyway nothing to see because it would be all the same boring culture no temples to see in India, Thailand or Japan. No I think it is ok as it is. Live 90 years, do what you like and die in peace.

• clarity
    clarity

fulano

Maybe if there really were a GOD who actively cared ......... or maybe not!

One thing for sure... if wt would rule the world, count me out!

clarity

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    I would like to live forever. I never believed that we would be limited to this earth. The universe is a vast place and there is more to see than we could see even if we lived forever. It's constantly changing: new stars being formed, new solar systems, etc. We've only just scratched the surface of our own planet. There are many more discoveries to be made. I always believed that God gave us minds to invent and problem solve and eventually to leave this planet.
  • Billyblobber
    Billyblobber

Not under JW rule, but outside of it, definitely. Living forever with other people means that people would also progress and invent things and also offers the possibility of space traveling and settling and all new things to discover and appreciate. Also, you tend to "forget" things that makes revisiting them fun (for instance, you can easily forget a movie you haven't seen in 10 or 20 years and look at it almost through new eyes the next time you see it).

The JW paradise sounds absolutely terrible, though, and many of them know it as well. That's why they always go "trust in Jehovah to make us like all this stuff we don't like" when they start talking about it.

• Onager
    Onager

Yep! I'd even want to live on the earth forever as it is right now. That's why it's such a powerfully persuasive carrot. The earth is awesome!

But then, my interest is in Entomology. Reckon I could spend 1,000 years on the UK insects alone. Then by the time I'd worked my way through every country in the world... I'd have forgotten the one I began with and could start again!

After a few million years of that new species entirely would have evolved as well... it's a never ending process!

Mind you, I wouldn't enjoy the coronal expansion of the sun in 500 million years time that will engulf the earth and kill everything. By that time, though, I hope that the ants would have evolved intelligence and I could help them build a space ark to transport all their insect cousins to a new planet.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Comedian Chris Rock was asked the Same question..

By Jehovahs Witnesses at his door..

Would you like to live for ever on earth?

....................NOT WITH JEHOVAHS WTNESSES!!..

................Image result for Chris rock

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Yes, but not if I have to lick during eternity the ass of a bunch of hypocrites residing in an ivory watchtower

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    I would not mind living a longer, healthier life. But I never really felt the desire to live FOREVER even when I was totally "in".
  • fiddler
    fiddler

I would like to be able to live a longer healthier life and die peacefully then be reincarnated so that I could experience childhood again and make different decisions and hopefully better ones. I'm already putting in my request for non religious, highly intelligenct parents who believe in education LOL!

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

I would like to live forever, but outside the JW narrative.

I believe this century science will discover a drug that either slows or halts aging. Then next century maybe a drug that reverses the aging process, but i am still skeptical about that possibility.

Imagine watching mankind progress in the field of space exploration, discovering new worlds, colonizing new planets.

I look at the progress mankind has made since 1915, and it is truly remarkable.

It's funny how i used to believe that sin was the cause for growing old, now i believe it's because science hasn't fully worked it out yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit