What are Some of your best JW Questions they can't answer?

by 1tMakesNoSence 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

For JWs with at least a grain of knowledge:

I say: What is the biblical foundation for 1914? (Don't ever bring up 607 versus 587!)

He/she says: Nebuchadnezzar's dream where a tree was cut down and the King of Babylon turned insane.

I say: So when did the king of Babylon regain his insanity? During the 7 years or after it?

He/she says: Afterwards, of course.

I say: So If the King regained his insanity after the 2520 days then why have the nations, whom he symbolizes, not gained their sanity after the 2520 years but have only become worse?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Koalas only eat fresh Eucalyptus leaves ,nothing else ,Eucalyptus trees (Gum trees ) only grew in Australia .

How could they survive for so long on the Ark ? let alone how did they arrive their in the first place ?

smiddy

• jhine
    jhine

Simple Simon , I am adding the validity of Scripture to my doubtful thoughts

Matthew 24: 36 " Non one knows about that day or hour , not even the angels in heaven , nor the son , but only the Father "

So again , how have the WT managed to ignore this verse throughout it's entire existence ?

Jan

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

I have a q about the new doctrine. If the faithful and discreet slave is only the GB, when Jesus comes and gives them all his possessions, will He give it only to anointed ones who have been part of the GB over the years, or to all anointed ones. In the second case, the faithful and discreet slave is still all the anointed ones not just GB ....

• jws
    jws

Jeremiah 25:12 says: “But when the seventy years are fulfilled, I will punish the king of Babylon and his nation, the land of the Babylonians, for their guilt,” declares the Lord, “and will make it desolate forever.

If Babylon was conquered and the king killed in 539 BC, how could the 70 years end two years later in 537 BC. How can God punish a king who died two years earlier?

In Genesis 22:2, why did God ask Abraham to sacrifice Isaac? In Genesis 17:19, God specifically names Isaac before he is even born and says that the covenant is with Isaac and his descendants.

If God has him killed then his word isn't true and God doesn't keep his promises. If Abraham truly believes he is to put Isaac to death, then he doesn't believe in God's promises. And is unfaithful. If he doesn't sacrifice Isaac, he is unfaithful. Either way, he's unfaithful. Hardly somebody God should reward.

If Abraham knows ahead of time that God won't allow Isaac to be killed, then it's hardly a test, is it?

And why is Abraham being tested anyway? God has already promised to bless his seed and has enacted a covenant with him. Wouldn't the time to test Abraham be BEFORE promising all of that?

• pixel
    pixel

How did brother Lett ever get tapped to be a member of the GB?

Of all of the questions on this page, this is the most enigmatic of all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit