Voice your opinion- Organised religion.

by jerome 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Lets go straight to the dictionary for my answer--------

Religion is

1 a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion> b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
    2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
    3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : CONSCIENTIOUSNESS
    4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
    - religionless adjective

Organize means

1 : to cause to develop an organic structure
    2 : to form into a coherent unity or functioning whole : INTEGRATE <trying to organize her thoughts>
    3 a : to set up an administrative structure for b : to persuade to associate in an organization; especially : UNIONIZE
    4 : to arrange by systematic planning and united effort
    intransitive senses
    1 : to undergo physical or organic organization
    2 : to arrange elements into a whole of interdependent parts
    3 : to form an organization; specifically : to form or persuade workers to join a union
    synonym see ORDER
    - organizable / "or-g&-'nI-z&-b&l / adjective

Basically IMHO if you look closely at both deifnitions....religion is a set of PERSONAL beliefs, whereas to organise you take away from the Person and look toward the ADMINISTRATION. It takes away from each person having their own spiritual identity. Therefore I don't believe in organized religion. You lose the person itself and their ability to think for themselves.

Spice

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

My opinion of organized religion is that it is just another man made organization that does some good,... and some bad.

I think once a person comes out of JW mind control, he should be wiser for the experience and never fall for organized form of worship. I'm free, and I will do my best to remain such.Humans have been enslaving one another for thousands of years praying on their fear of death and worry about the hereafter.I don't know for sure if we would be better off with or without organized religion, probably better but I could be wrong. As for me NO ORGANIZED RELIGION is the way to go.

I am very much interested in the answer to the question of God and our place in the Universe, but also very sceptical of beleifs without facts to support them. I don't think God is looking for gullible people to beleive in him or that he need people to beleive in him, if God exists I don't think He is EGO DRIVEN and so won't hold us acountable for not beleiving,.. because we can't trust organized religion because of its bad friutage or because we have not been convinced of his existence due to the lack of direct comunication from God to us. If there is a God he must have a very different purpose for us and the universe than we as humans can invent or proclaim.

• TR
    TR

SUCKS

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit