Voice your opinion- Organised religion.

by jerome 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• D8TA
    D8TA
    Organised crime is ALWAYS harmful.
    While organised religion is sometimes harmful.

Then clarify YOUR statement.

D8TA v2.0

• Satanus
    Satanus

Being in organised religion should be only a phase that people who need it pass through. Once they have developed enough personal strength, they should advance, testing their abilities of standing on their own feet. Problem is, most religions teach people that they are handicapped (need mediator/intercessor/etc to advance spiritually/approach 'god'). Once they have people within their power religions generally try to keep them prisoner.

Religions should act as schools do, teach people, then pass them to the next grade. Eventually, kids finish lower level schooling, passing to higher levels, if they want. A school would not allow a kid to stay in the same grade all his/her life. If a kid couldn't pass, schools recognise that it needs special remedial classes. They do everything in their power to bring about advancement. It's too bad western religions don't do this. From an objective point of view, religion as a useful entity, is only at an embryonic stage. IMO

SS

• jerome
    jerome

On first thought I dident know how you even managed to draw the comparison between crime and religion in the first place but on reviewing the corelation it is a valid point in certain circumstances.

You asked me to clarify... well here I go

Organised crime is never beneficial to the society as a whole. It never contributes anything without taking at least several times what it has given. Crime doesnot serve to build the society but only to tear it down. My point is the pros are definately outweighed by the cons.

Organised religion on the other hand has its ups and downs. It can build but it caan also break. Much as a nail gun can be used for carpentary in the right hands but in the wrong hands it can be a lethal weapon. My point is organised religion is not always harmful but in the wrong hands can be extremly detrimental.

Therefore I stated that :

Organised Crime is always bad.

while

Organised Religion is sometimes bad.

jerome

• seven006
    seven006

Organized religion is the biggest crime against humanity. It is historically a world wide tax free corporation/ruling class that sells a product that it never has to deliver. It preys on human emotion that is manipulated by promises of happiness all the while it is the persons own mistakes and successes that produces their own life events. When something good in their life happens they thank god through their religion. When something bad happens they blame the devil who is also created by their religion. It is the ultimate scam in that the religion takes no blame for anything negative but in reverse accepts all the praise when positive things happen. It's biggest crime is creating people who adapt to and live by these same principals of denial in both fault and self praise thus creating a warped sense of normalcy and social responsibility.

Not one single human being has ever died and then came back to say that what was promised by organized religion had been delivered in the after life. It is only ancient myth that speaks of religious man-gods that claim to have died and received those promised goods thus perpetuating the myth and selling it as reality.

What we have received from organized religion is a history of control of the world governments and it's people by their influences that develop hatred for that which is different or thinks differently, thus putting human against human in wars and acts of terrorism. This philosophy creates a foe in the mind of the people that eliminates basic human kindness and replaces it with justification for killing one another based purely by their religiously perceived differences. Even within the same faction of a certain religious philosophy they create a division by the thought that if same god is with them, he must not be with their enemy.

It is organized religion that has set the many variations of itself at odds with each other thus creating the evil and ugliness that it claims it is saving it's own people from. No matter what brand of organized religion that one ascribes to it has in it's history created that in which it condemns, controls that in which it claims to free and steals from that in which it says it gives freely too. It justifies it's own lies by manipulating and creating it's own truths.

It controls and steals the lives of those living by convincing them they are unhappy and promising them a true happiness after their actual life in this present reality is over. It creates it's own horror using myth as fact and then packages it and sells it to it's blinded followers while concealing horrors actual origin. It serves the bungled and beguiled by creating the bungled and beguiled in the first place. It is the absolute epitome of the evil that it itself has created in the minds of it's followers.

It is life's grand magician creating illusions that mystify and stimulate those in witch it fools. Those who are fooled give allegiance to the ones fooling them not because of what is real or true but by what they are fooled into thinking is real and true. It is the mystery that they love all the while abandoning actual reality and putting faith in the perceived reality of the illusion and then praising the illusionist for presenting them with the mystery. Just as the magicians do, organized religion will never tell or show how the illusion is done or actually admit that it is really an illusion. As long as they can keep fooling a very large captive audience they will take their secrets of control, manipulation, sleight of hand, and misdirection to their graves. A place where they themselves cannot deliver themselves from or prevent themselves from going to.

All that and I simply don't like it much.

Just my 87 cents worth.

Dave

• somebody
    somebody

Organized and Religion wreak evil havoc when they try to hold hands.

peace,
    somebody

"Air baths are good for preventing colds.. What you do is strip naked mornings and evenings and then bob up and down for a while."~ Golden Age Feb 10 1926 31

Group air bath,anyone?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Jerome,since when did you go from troll,to being a decent person?I like the change,good for you!..Jerome,organized religion is like a carnival game.They take every thing you got,and you never get the really big teddy bear.(LOL)...OUTLAW

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I think organized religion can be a good thing. It definitely kept me out of a lot of trouble. It can teach you certain things at an early age. Example: Unity, ethics, etc. I know parents are supposed to do this but they sometimes need help. But when org. religion tries to take "organize" every aspect of your life, that's when you run into problems.

StinkyP

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer"

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Whenever anyone ask me my opinion on organized religion, I like to quote my old friend Frankenstein, "organized religion, bad."

• raven101
    raven101

I don't believe in it, an organized religion is to me a falsehood arisen out of a truth.

They are almost always the result of one persons profound experience with 'the eternity, 'Love', 'Truth', 'god' orwhatever you want to call it which is the truth I previously spoke of.

Then however the problems come in when they or someone else as a result of this experience think it is necessary or that they are granted the RIGHT to interpret it in relation to life. They start making up rules and blah blah blah, always a product of the culture they were raised in and their own personal biases and weaknesses.

I wouldn't discredit any of the experiences but people who are indoctrinated into a mindset WILL interpret their experience in relation to that.

Check out some of these experiences for a very small example of the diversity, and when you read them just keep one thing in mind, look for commonalities.

http://www.bodysoulandspirit.net/myexp.htm

I have been studying the different religions and belief systems for years now. I have studied and researched a lot and the only consistent commonalities throughout EVERYTHING I have studied from witch-stuff, pagan, hinduism, buddhism, christianity, blah blah blah, the only consistencies are LOVE and THE GOLDEN RULE (which is obviously a product of love.

You run into trouble when you start trying to attach a meaning beyond that, and really what more do we need?

One interesting note of similarity you cight notice in the stories on that webpage and most profound experiences is the fact that time seems to be revealed as static, or an illusion. This has very interesting implications if you relate it to findings in physics.

Personally it's just fun and interesting for me. I'll keep searching while I'm here but the Love thing is all there is . . . everything else is just detail.

Contentenough,
    Raven101

• Gopher
    Gopher

In Marketing class, you learn the principles of marketing:

(1) Identify a human need/desire
    (2) Or create a human desire where none exists, and
    (3) Market something that will appeal to people to satisfy that desire, whether real or imagined.

As a result, people have learned to believe they 'NEED' television sets and PlayStation 2 sets, etc. This is accomplished through mind-bending, repetition, and propaganda.

Religion follows the same approach as marketing. How true even of Jehovah's Witnesses, whose motto was and is "Advertise, advertise, advertise the King and his Kingdom" as a solution to every one of life's problems, little or big. Yes you cannot have hope without this solution, they say. Trust in this hope, don't try to create your own solutions.

Thus the reality of a Creator and the importance of love and concern for one's fellow humans are twisted into a grand mass marketing / propaganda ploy, both in the religion that this board is concerned about, and in practically all organized religion.

-J.R.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.--Will Rogers, 1879-1935

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit