A question for XJWs. . .

by StinkyPantz 21 Replies latest jw friends

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Yep, Stinky, I'm doubtin' everything too. I wonder if I'm the reincarnation of Doubting Thomas? Heh Heh....Personally, I'd say I'm agnostic, becuase for some stinkin' reason, i believe in an afterlife which implies there's some sort of higher being running the show, or at least on the other side.
    As for the bible, I don't believe it. When I took a class, "Bible as Literature" at Metro State College in Denver, it really opened my eyes. And let's say all those conservative Christians in my class were just as closedminded as the JWs. They couldn't even believe that the first four/five books of the bible couldn't have been written by one person (i.e. Moses) and that they had been revised and re-"vision"ed by multiple people. Hell, even when I was ten years old, I realized that there were two different ark stories that were done in different "voices", as writers would put it. Plus, other scriptures that lead you to believe the first few books of the OT were added to after "Moses" may have written them. But that's another thread for another day.
    peace the dustrabbit

To do list:
    1.Still waiting to goose the Organization.

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

I'm a very spiritual person.. I have 100% faith in god, and the bible, however, I don't believe in organized religion.

So, my congregation consists of all the people in the world who share a similiar view with me, wether they are part of an organized religion or not, that we are all part of the congregation of Christ...

Sharing the same view with me does not mean you have to agree with everything I believe.. For instance, I know some people believe Christ died on a cross, others believe he died on a stake... That little fact does not negate the important part of that message; That Christ died for us... If you believe in the message of Christianity, then we are both members of the congregation of Christ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit