Elders- "Trained or UnTrained- WHICH IS IT??

by JT 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

It's been my experience that most of these guys, even the well-intentioned ones, are masters at making a bad situation worse.

• JT
    JT

you are correct and it is due to the reference point from which all elders operate:

I'm like Moses appointed by God himself

a perfect recipe for failure

while i may not agree with all the bible says

the point that paul makes about folks who do things in god's name can be the worst fools you could ever deal with-

yep they will offer you and kill you and say we did a service for god

and that is what the avg elder feels when he walks out of a case that deals with apostasy esp

james

• RealElder
    RealElder

As elders we only get "training" in the sense of the Pay Attention book, visits twice a year by the CO and an elder "school" every 3 or so years. There is no one-on-one training, except maybe by an older elder or two. Of course the society would like us to also think of the various Watchtower articles as training as well.

• waiting
    waiting

Hello RealElder,

Nice to meet you.

Of course the society would like us to also think of the various Watchtower articles as training as well.

Man............have I heard THAT one before.

My MIL (80 and elder's wife forever) always brings this up to the other elders (her husband died couple of years ago) who run our KH now - and I mean literally.

"The Watchtower says that the elders are supposed to be mild and mannerly servants of the sheep." on and on and on, to infinity.

Of which all the elders will obediently nod their heads in agreement saying "You are absolutely right. We are servants of our brothers and sisters, only here to help them." on and on and on, to infinity.

I've heard this same go around for 30 years - what the elders are "supposed" to be like according to the Watchtower study.

Some are - but they sure ain't our congregation.

waiting

• darth frosty
  • darth frosty
    darth frosty

Looking for something else and came accross this, bump for the noobs

• TMS
    TMS

bt da t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit