Current JW Urban Legend about Dateline

by bboyneko 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

(((((((ERICA))))))))

The cross scene in dateline was only a split second, so obviously there just looking for excuses. My dad has a pony-tail and a beard and we love it. We all seen the pics of my fam on dateline and of couse he didn't have one as an elder for all those years.
    Thanks for posting and clearing up the cross & ponytail thing. Everyone seemed to miss that your dad grew the ponytail AFTER leaving the Dubs. The cross was just nit-picking. As for your makeup - I have seen more on the faces of some JW gurls! I thought you looked beautiful. But leave it to the Dubs to always accentuate the negative (whatever it may be for them THAT week).

Love ya!

• Erica
    Erica

I hope nobody gets offended by what i'm about to say, but theres a huge diffrence in culture in spanish cong. compared to english cong. In my opinion they vary in diffrent ways. How some apply makeup is one way for example, I remember our cong was so strict on how long and or short your side-burns were, my brother got in huge trouble cause he cut them to short, and next door ( it was a double kingdom hall ), in the english side it didn't matter. I attended the spanish KH and there it was normal as well as all the other spanish KH's in Sacramento to see sisters appling it as I do. I am not justifying myself I am just noting that there is a diffrence in culture.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

I think Erica is right about the cultural stuff. My sister's neighbor is the PO of the Spanish congregation where she lives. His wife wears dark, almost black nail polish. In the English congregation the sisters think it is 'worldly.' But it is acceptable and very common in the Spanish congregation. Of course, I didn't think there was anything wrong with Erica's makeup at all. Did I miss something? Maybe I should watch my video of Dateline again.....

Mrs R

• LB
    LB

Methinks we need a few more trouble makers like Bill.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Hey Rocky DITTO'S, no problemo at all I do it myself sometimes

.........................It's the silence between the notes, that make the music.....................
  • teejay
    teejay

Thankfully, I don’t associate anymore with dubs in their “Dub” personas (unless I HAVE to, which ain’t often) so I haven’t heard any of their ridiculously insane, small-minded excuses for not believing the simple truth that was on Dateline. (It WAS a simple truth, right??)

Still, some of these posts have got me shaking my head...

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

SEAKEN2001

I drink sparkling water and it does not make me see things.

.........................It's the silence between the notes, that make the music.....................
  • teejay
    teejay

>>I remember our cong was so strict on how long and or short your side-burns were, my brother got in huge trouble cause he cut them to short, and next door (it was a double kingdom hall), in the english side it didn't matter.

Erica,

Can you say “Elvis”?

You might think I’m kidding, but point is most gringos have a lot of hang-ups ( and I mean a *LOT* of hang-ups!!). But I don’t need to tell *you*, do I.

Btw, you got major cajones. Loved you on Dateline, Sistah. Courage... class... the works. One day, we’ll meet. Sometimes, silent lambs roar.

Rock on!

• Faraon
    Faraon

Teejay,

Btw, you got major cajones. Loved you on Dateline, Sistah. Courage... class... the works. One day, well meet. Sometimes, silent lambs roar

I think you meant to say cojones, which means testicles in some Spanish-speaking countries (in Mexico we usually call testicles "huevos", or eggs). Cajones means drawers, as in the little boxes in furniture where you store your things in.

Love your comment: Sometimes, silent lambs roar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit