Current JW Urban Legend about Dateline

by bboyneko 58 Replies latest jw friends

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Apparantly it has been circulating that barabara anderson was wearing a cross in her interview :) (NOT true)

Any others been going around?

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

That this is persecution for Gods chosen people

• Simon
    Simon

I thought it was supposed to be Erica?

To be honest, I haven't noticed it even though I've watched it again since ... maybe I was concentrating too much on what was said which is what JWs should do instead of looking for poor excuses to dismiss it.

If they are talking about it then it is having an impact. They can make all the excuses they want but they are watching it and talking about it.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

My wife (loyal JW) said this about Erica:

"It's ashame how she said 'thank God' and 'thank the lord' instead of using God's name."

I tried to reason with my wife that it isn't a crime to use titles rather than names.

Loyal JW's look for flaws in EVERYTHING!

• Introspection
    Introspection
    Loyal JW's look for flaws in EVERYTHING!

Isn't that a shame?

• Simon
    Simon

It helps to understand and remember why they make comments like that. I'm sure it's like the world is falling in on itself to have their precious organisation exposed for what it is and they have been conditioned to defend it. I can remember saying similar things once - it's kind of like an impulse defence mechanism.

Once they think on it for a bit they may well change. Expect to see people becoming angry with the WTS for deceiving them once they realise that they are victims too.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

Unfortunately this only proves that most JW's have the same mentality.
    They LOOK for things that would help them Justify the reasoning
    that those on dateline were apostates-hence haters of God. Of
    course, some on this board could be accused of the same. Anyway,
    a JW will look for any hint of Non WTS loyalist behavior. What!!
    They used the word church instead of kingdom hall?? They are mis informed apostates

• NikL
    NikL

The story I heard just yesterday is that Erica was disfellowshipped for sexual imorality. Supposedly someone knew someone who knew her yadda yadda...classic urban legend stuff.

• LDH
    LDH

Erica was wearing a cross...She stated on this forum she wished she hadn't.

BTW maybe you should tell them--listen, after what she went through it's a miracle she believes in God at all!!!

Lisa

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Isn't this just kill the messenger, no the message?

Last night in a Dub chat room on MSN, I was told that one of the person's interviewed was wearing a pony-tail? Now, since I didn't see this show I can't comment, but is this true, or more bull cooked up by loyalists grasping for straw men or ad hominems?

The Big Dawg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit