Greedy, bumming pioneers..did U know any? LOL

by LyinEyes 25 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Wild Turkey and his elder friend ( who is still in ) were talking about this last nite. Seems like most of the pioneers we knew in our area were moochers(sp?) They would go to any means to save a penny,
    I mean commendable to be thrifty ,,, but how far did they go?
    Examples: Some would come to our house just to eat, calling ahead of time to see if what I made was what they were craving or not.

One would bring his clothes for me to wash,,, he had a washer and dryer,,, guess he needed to save his electricity and water.

Eating all of your french fries at mc'd during the break,, instead of getting their own.

Always going in someoneles car for the rural territory ministry.
    I guess this saved lots of gas money and wear and tear on their car.

Dont even get me started on how LAZY some of these folks were,,,,,
    you never saw them working at any hall cleanings ,,, just standing around making the sisters do most of the ditch digging.

• TR
    TR

Lyin,

Can't you appreciate that these fine pioneers are doing 'hovah's will? I mean, what more of a sacrifice can we make that to look like a bunch of friggin' moochers to the regular population of 'hovah's people? Yes, we should strive to support those who are doing 'hovah's work full time.

Are we the type of people who don't want to be looked at as penny-pinching, sponging, lazy, parasitic pioneers? Then, by all means, we should support those doing 'hovah's will by supporting the penny-pinching, sponging, lazy, parasitic pioneers!

Not to mention that these fuckers, er fine spiritual people are taking the lead spreading the good news of 'hovah's kingdumb. Their haughty and distant personalities determine that they should be kept separate from the general population of 'hovah's people. They shine like bright, arrogant starz, blinding the hell out of us normal 'hovahs.

The spiritual conceit of our pioneers should be a testimony of our exclusive troof. Nobody else does it like 'hovahs! Because they are better than the rest of us, pioneers should not have to bear the brundt of such mundane activities as making a living, caring for the sick and elderly, washing their own clothes and cooking their own meals. Instead, pioneers rightly demand that any and all chores be done for them, and with no bitching and moaning.

Yes, in this time of the end, support your local sponge, er pioneer!

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It was usualy Circit overseers that hit my parents up for money,lots of it.They would do it every time they came to town....OUTLAW

• Grunt
    Grunt

Funny, I had just called them Moochers in the thread by Englishman about the Jubilee. They came to our little rural area from Miami or points north, and while happy to get us locals to keep them in our homes, give them rides, fix their cars and give them part-time jobs they still managed to act as though they were a little uppity. I used to attribute it to being Yankees (even the ones from Miami were really from MN and MA) and living in the city. Now I think it was more of a class deal, they were after all the shock troops of Jehovah's Organization. I have told on here before how one finally pushed me to threaten to smear his ass all over the Kingdom Hall parking lot, he tried to scold me for shaking hands with my cousin who was df'd for smoking. He ran like a rabbit and never said another word to me. I felt kind of bad about it later, but not bad enough to ever mention it to him. They left not long after that. Kenny Casper, John Zannis, Jimmy Seymour, David O'blenis, Helen Smith The Anointed and husband and more. Half our congregation was special pioneers. Funny, they were the ones from up north and the big city but also the ones who held up integrating the Kingdom Hall. I don't think they were predjudiced, I think they really just enjoyed being such a big part of a very small congregation.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Just think of the fine opportunities they provided you to show loving kindness towards them and be an example to the Congregation.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Try all the Patterson pioneers who lived in surrounding areas during the building. They mooched off the local families (that they lived with) didn't contribute financially and yet always had money to travel, eat out, ski and party.

Just don't even get me going on mooching pioneers. My parents had a propensity towards taking in these pioneer orphans and letting them live with us for free (meanwhile their own pioneering children were expected to contribute financially towards the house on a monthly basis).

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

closer

Solid stone is just sand and water, baby
    Sand and water, and a million years gone by - beth nielsen chapman

• Bhagavad
    Bhagavad

I knew a Reg Pio (Bill) that was so cheap he was always asking others what time it was (too cheap to buy a Timex) and always borrowed pens and pencils to keep track of his FS. His wife (Stacy) was a tall blonde corker of a girl, a Reg Pio also. One wondered what such a dazzler saw in Mr. Mooch. Musta been spearchul qualities. She was such a knockout you didn't really notice the little white Bunny at the bottom of one of her sunglass lenses, although it WAS appropriate for her looks. If she'da come to my door before I were a JW I sure woulda invited her in for some refreshment. Some Examples to the Flock wanted to fry her ass because of the Hef connection, even tho I think she just liked the sunglasses. Hope she moved on to bigger and better.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Bethelites can be real moochers, too. Back in 1974 I went to a nice New York restaurant with group of young folks, including about 6 Bethelites. It was one of those Hawaiian deals where girls dance the hula and everyone is invited to dance. The bill came to $100.50. After everyone chipped in, which was supposed to include the tip, we had $101.50. I was really pissed since I had put in about 20% for my tip. None of the Bethelites would admit to short changing the bill. The waiters were so mad when we walked out that I thought they were going to jump on us. I never went out with Bethelites again.

Around the same time, I met my 1st wife. She was a regular pioneer and living with a couple of special pioneer sisters. The arrangement was that she paid half the rent and the other two women paid the other half, since they had so little time to work and were putting so much time in Jehovah's service. Neither of these women actually worked, since one of them was so good at mooching that they got lots of money from JWs who felt sorry for them. Seeing as how I was at their apartment all the time after I got engaged to my 1st wife, I got to know a lot about these special pioneers. At one point, after various JWs started getting wise to them, they asked the congregation for money. Several of us who knew something about them told the elders that we admantly opposed giving these moochers any money. They made no effort at all to get part time jobs. One of these pioneers was very nice, but was a rug for the older one (about 40; a type AAA personality) and did everything she was told. This woman was named Bee Bee. I found out years later she was a lush. She was well known at local bars, and was so good at mooching that she never bought a drink -- just guzzled a lot of them. I'm pretty sure she slept around, too. I found out later that she started getting involved with a young JW guy of 23. His mother found out and threatened the woman with bodily harm if she didn't leave her son alone. Too bad she didn't report all this to the elders, but like most JWs I think she was worried that the scandal would reflect badly on Jehovah.

AlanF

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I have to be honest about the one pioneer I did know on a personal basis. Both He (a German national in Germany) and his wife ( a beautiful Panamanian gal) were pioneering. Both held down several part time jobs to pay their way. I feel certain that Elder Dad (now in the US, Milwalkee area) and MS brother were helping financially. Also he lived in a German Low Income housing project (an old US army Housing area).

Elder Dad did ask me to mail a package from Germany to the US for him as it was cheaper for me to use the military postal system than it was for him to mail it in the German system. We ended up putting it in our Hold Baggage which arrived with us in the US. They came down to TN to pick it up but didn't even stay for dinner.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• joelbear
    joelbear

When I was a pioneer I had zero money, I mean zero. All of my pioneer friends had zero money too. We all worked crap jobs from bank teller, to Long John Silver's fry cook to changing bed times at a nursing home.

We occasionally got asked to dinner at some of our friends houses, but I never felt like I was bumming.

I look back on my pioneer years fondly for the most part. I was close friends with my fellow pioneers and we had a blast out in service many many times.

Strange things seemed to happen to us all the time. Like the time an old old man was sitting on a culvert and kept leaning farther and farther back until he fell in the ditch. We spent the rest of the morning helping him get back to his house.

Joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit