Greedy, bumming pioneers..did U know any? LOL

by LyinEyes 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Let's see I almost always drove as a pioneer in a rural area. I paid when going out for myself..... but do have to say I always did the vacation by fellow JW"s thing.... I'm sure that got old.... I got a lot of freebees by felllow non pioneering JW's .... Then again I was a free babysiter...

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`ve known a few parasites in my time ,if they weren`t sponging off the Bros.they were sponging off the Govt.

smiddy

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Non-greedy moocher - me. Why not?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

A pioneer couple with a couple of kids would invite jw friends out for coffee at the most expensive cafe in town then "forget" their wallets.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I still know some married couples where they refuse to come off the list, while the hubby is unemployed and the wife works at Starbucks Or the equivalent. They live in basement of their respective families and are clueless. Hopefully, they are using two forms of birth control ;)

I didn't have a car when I pioneered straight out of high school but always gave gas money and treated for coffee.

• blondie
    blondie

We were all in the same boat, single sisters not living at home, carrying our own weight, paying our share of the rent, utilities, buying our own food. We shared cars, using one of our cars each day. No car, then that person donated a set amount for gas and upkeep (repairs, insurance). It worked for us. I moved to a new area and my new roommate was a moocher, not offering to use her car, not offering to pay gas, late in the rest until I had to go to the elders to get her to pay her share (they called her parents and got the money), stole my food and money from my purse. Eventually, her parents came and took her home per the request of the elders.

But I have found moochers in the congregation that were not pioneers, had sufficient money to pay for things. other jws avoided them and some warned jws who had moved into the area.

I have found moochers outside the jw congregations too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit