The MEANEST Mom in the World! :)

by BeautifulGarbage 20 Replies latest social family

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Well, I'm glad you all like my little tale.

Outtahere: Welcome to the forum!

Mamashel: I'm in awe of you! 6 kids! WOW! And you LIVE to tell about it! Though, funny I say that. Six kids used to be the norm not so long ago. Both my parents came from large families.

Angharad My son is 6. Just the other day he told me he was mad at me for whatever and that "You are not my Mom, ANYMORE!" Though, I think he forgot that when I got a big hug and a kiss when I tucked him into bed that night.

XenaW LOL! Yes!

Mac: I'm sure that is true for most families. I can't relate. Rebelling was simply not allowed in my upbringing. Still, I do know that my daughter does something that I know I did (like NEVER picking up after herself) and it drives me nuts!

Beck Yeah! And Mean Mommies tend to have well adjusted children!

jgnat: Or that question that a parent gets asked 90 kazillion times a day. The question that grates on my nerves more than anything. One word: "Why?" "Why do I have to do that? Why can't I wear that? Why won't you buy me that? Why NOT? And the list goes on!

Musky: You hang in there! Patience is probably one of the most valuable commodities in child rearing. Believe me, I've lost mine a few times. I can so relate to your child not appreciating things that are provided. But, you know what? MOST kids don't. My daughter was whining big time about how her friends all have more clothes than her. To me, my daughter has tons of clothes! And of course, there is NO comparison to when I was her age. Then, she pulled out the big guns (which she does often) and went on to how "you don't love me" because I wasn't willing to jump into the car and immediately match her friends wardrobe garment to garment. I get the "all my friends do" a lot.

I guess the only thing I can look forward to is when she is on her own and has to start providing for herself, and eventually, her children. Only then do I think she will truly understand the sacrifices her Father and I have made for her and her brother.

In the mean time!

I solemnly pledge to uphold the Mean Parent Oath! To resist caving into whining, crying, and general childhood manipulations. I vow to proudly display my Motherly Meanness at every opportunity and support in solidarity my Mean brother and sisters. For our responsibility is an awesome one. We are raising our future!

Andee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit