The MEANEST Mom in the World! :)

by BeautifulGarbage 20 Replies latest social family

• Scully
    Scully

LOL Andee!!

I wish I could have seen you in action.

BTW: I'm committing your oration to memory so I can use it when my own kids call me the MEANEST MOM IN THE WORLD!!

Love, Scully

PS: Do we need to start a support group to hone our mean-ness? Can we share stories of the meanest things we do to our kids and try to out-mean each other?? That would be SO COOL!

• Xandria
    Xandria

I love it I lovvvve it.. I only wish some of the parents I dealt with working in Behavioral Health had as good parenting skills. I agree about not rewarding them for whining and carrying on in the store. I see too many parents give in to the child just to shut him/her up.

The child becomes accustomed to getting what he or she wants by this behavior. I am all for positive reinforcement.

Xandria

• outtahere
    outtahere

That was great!

• mamashel
    mamashel

BG, that is so good. Hope you got a good nites rest

I know how kids can be, let them play sports, get em their favorite toys, games, clothes etc, and yet we still are the most horrible people in the world, that is until they want something elsel, then it's the sweetest sounding voice in the world "MOMMY" can i have this new video game?????

I have a total of 6 children, 5 of which still live at home, and if i had a dime for every time they said i was mean or not fair, i would be a rich woman. lol

thanks for sharing, that was great.

Shelley

• Angharad
    Angharad

I know what you mean Mamashel! - my oldest is five and is just getting into the 'i dont like you anymore' - your mean - I'm not your friend stage

Someone please tell me when they grow out of it!!!!

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Loved it Andee!!!! Thank you for sharing it. I had a great visual in my head!!!!!

I thought I was the Meanest Mom in The World. LOL- We'll all have to get together for meetings and plotting against our kids- just how much we can mess with their lives. We could have membership cards-! Then when they tell us that- we can whip out the membership card and show it to them YEP- see- and here is my membership card- this means that I'm skilled and trained at this and it might get worse very soon!!! LOL

Angharad- Yes, they do grow out of it- Unfortunately it's when they are about 21 or so Amazing how they can fluctuate between not liking us and we are so mean to us being the greatest thing in the world (when we've done something "cool" for them) Mine's 14 and she goes in spurts. If she doesn't agree that she doesn't NEED to wear glitter to school, I'm a witch. But if I pick up that great sweater she was looking at- wow-instant change to the briliiant for me.

Get your helmets on- it's a long ride !!! But I wouldn't miss it for the world!

XW- of the "Meanest Mom in The World" Class- at least I'm in some very fine company ladies!!!!!

• Mac
    Mac

Isn't it interesting that the standards we insist on for our children are the very same ones we rebelled against! In some instances we were granted even more latitude and freedom than we allow our children. We don't want them to do the things that we have done. We reminice fondly about all the events in our lives that have shaped us, made us who we are, and given the opportunity would not change a thing, It's who we are!

Funny how things are?

mac

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Andee I loved this story....I would have also said 'Yes I'm a mean mommy and mean mommies kids don't get stolen by strangers!'

Or was that a bit TOO mean?? hehe

~Beck~

• jgnat
    jgnat

Many thanks to Outtahere, the newbie that brought this thread forward again. Awesome story Andee! When my teens used to try and stump me with "Who says you can do that?", I replied, "It is in the Parent Rule Book." Funny. They never asked to see the book.

• musky
    musky

beautiful, I have a son who is 4 years. He started saying "your mean" to my wife whenever he was upset. It was like a phase. He doesen't say that anymore much. He has never said that to me. He doesen't seem to sass as much with me. I can relate to your story. I would have told him " how many mean parents take there kids out for a special meal?" I know, They never seem to appreciate those things. I also have a 6 year old girl. I am too impatient with both of them. I hope it gets better as they get older. I have been told otherwise though. Please god , help me, please. Of course there are some good times too........... anyway, Hope things go great for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit