If Women were elders, would it make a difference in the organization?

by John Aquila 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zeb
    zeb
    It wouldmake a difference if all the gb and other senior bethelites were suddenly parents. but you have all missed a serious point. As women all assume we males can mind read there would be no need for backroom meetings.
  • gda
    gda

do you think the elderetts would hinder the horny elder from asking nasty ass questions? or , would she be intrigued and want more nasty ass questions,?

Is there a girl and boy bathroom or does everyone use the same commode?

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    OrphanCrow

If women were elders, it would change the whole structure of the organization - a structure that in its current form fosters the sexual exploitation of women.

I say "yes" - make women elders. And watch the rate of child sexual abuse drop. It is the lack of respect for women and children, combined with the sense of entitlement given to the men, that is responsible for the high rate of sexual abuse within the organization. The men are taught that women don't have the right to say no - women are seen as not having the right of consent and by extension, children have no rights, either.

Women have more power than they think.

Remember Samson and Delilah? Who was smarter, who was more cunning? Who toppled the most powerful?

And if you don't agree, you can sleep on the couch tonight!!

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

The powers which dictate the Organization are sexless. They may love their women in the bedroom but in practice the Governing Body operates in a sexless and male centered mode most of the time.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

People are people.

Power in the wrong hands can happen whether male or female.

Women are more rigid ( Hard to believe, I know😊)

Would it be better? No, just longer...

... Imagine how wordy the opening and closing prayers would be!

No thanks.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    RVW, Funny. Probably true, buuuuuuuuuttttttt I've been at DC conventions where the concluding prayers were as long as the public talk. Being a kid I thought these guys would NEVER shut up. Think Franz and Knoor who couldn't get enough of their OWN voices.
  • BashfulAshG
    BashfulAshG
    No, those eldresses would be have their heads shoved up their asses like their male counterparts. Look at the female pioneers. Still condescending, still stupid.
  • freddo
    freddo

We in the UK had Margaret Thatcher as Prime Minister. Not for nothing was she known - and sometimes admired - as the "Iron Lady". But in 1982 when her son got "lost" in the Dakar North African rally for 6 days did she get distressed? Oh yes.

Denis Thatcher on the other hand was reported as saying of his son ... "he'll turn up - give him a beer and a sandwich a wash and a shave and he'll be fine."

And he did.

Women elders? OK until the nepotism for their own children raises it's head and then watch'em squeal.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Women elders? OK until the nepotism for their own children raises it's head and then watch'em squeal.

Exactly. Imagine what a Mama Bear Elder would do if her cubs were raped.

Give the women a voice and some authority and see how child abuse is handled then.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

3rd gen, 😊😛, that's my point...The long opening and closing prayers...

Women use more words than men.. lol

-------

OrphanCrow:

Women are also sexual predators.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit