JW BLOWS WHISTLE!

by bay64me 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

Geez.

Olivia, you are not talking to a bunch of ignorant people here. OF COURSE, there are legitimate reasons for welfare and public assistance. That isn't what we're talking about.

There are certain JW's who have a scam to keep up their appearances as pioneers while putting others down. THESE are the cynical people, in my opinion. They are cynical in working as little as possible while trying to look as holy as possible. They ignore the apostle Paul's example of "working with his own hands" to provide fully for himself and to be a NON-BURDEN to others.

Nobody said ALL pioneers are this way, or that ALL disabled JW's are scam artists. But if even ONE is (and especially if they do so with the knowledge of supposedly honest other JW's), than that is scandalous.

-J.R.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.--Will Rogers, 1879-1935

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Olivia,

I was thinking also that many do legitamtely have reason to use social services available to them. However, having been here awhile I realized that by commenting on the free-loaders the folks here are not attempting to belittle honest people. The discussion was focused on the free-loaders and how one Mr X. was not afraid to blow the whistle. No one here is trying to be "pios" by relating such experiences or poking some fun at those who do this type of thing.

I think there is a saying that says something like "the only successful substitute for brains is silence". Perhaps you could just sit back awhile in silence before opening your mouth in criticism. If you are going to be critical you will want to have thought things over clearly first. Most here do not react too badly to criticsim but don't expect that it will go unchallenged. Just a 'heads up' for you.

Sean

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Olivia,my post is not about JW disabled people or hard working JW`s put out of a job.It is about JW scam artists,and there are many.They make the JW`s in real need,look bad.As long as the scam artists are peddling the WBTS crap,the WBTS turns a blind eye,thereby incouraging fraudulant behaviour among their members.It happens every day...OUTLAW

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Let me tell you the tale of my ex husband. In 1991 he became disabled at work from an accident, he injured his arm, he had surgery, and then he said he injured his leg, he was holding down two jobs. I and my son never seen him, between jobs it was the service. we were of little concequence to him. Well some how with his manipulative powers of persuasion he managed to go on disability pension, first through work and then the candian disablity pension plan, now let me tell you if he was disabled I was a monkeys uncle. But never mind I was only his wife and I didn't count. He managed to fool everyone. He started walking with a cane and faked pain all the time. He would regualarly aux. pioneer, the elderes would never let him regular pioneer,(that is a story for another time}He would feign pain all the time, he had this uncanny ability to make it look great in the ministry and at the kingdom hall, but never at home.. I use to say to him who are you trying to kid. I said you don't even need a cane. Well he said yes I do just in case I loose my balance. Let me tell you he was the biggest con of all times. He made the brothers and sisters feel sorry for dear old Johnny and they fell for it hook line and sinker every time. He must have borrowed money from every brother in our kingdom hall at sometime or other saying we couldn't make ends meet. We were living in subsidized housing after he delibrately stopped paying the morgage payments on our house(I didn't know this at the time) and one day the bank calls and says to me is there any reason why you have'nt payed your morgage payment in serval months? I was flabber gassed, I couldn't believe it. And Johnny said, he did it on purpose so we could move to another town because it was closer to his work. We were morgaged to the value of our house and on the day of forclosure the house sold, but we had no where to go no house no apartment no where. We were literally on the street. My parents lived next door to us and they wouldn't take us in. and my sister lived a few miles from us and she wouldn't take us either, because they knew what my husband was like and he had made me look terrible in the eyes of my family and they didn't want to have anything to do with me either. one other brother from the kingdom hall, helped John put our things in another brothers garage and we didn't have very much money so we ended up in a dive of a motel. I wanted to kill him.
    We stayed at this motel a week until our money ran out and got social assistance and then we were relocated to another motel for four months until an apartment or town house unit was found for us. During all this time John still played his charade of his disability.
    It made me sick physicially and an emotional basket case. I felt so terrible for my sweet son Richard here he was pushed from pillar to post. People in three congregations couldn't figure out why my family completely ignored me and would help. It wasn't long after that my parents began to believe me about my ex, as at the same time my dear grandma became very ill and was hospitalized and I was at her bedside everyday and I had to travel everyday over an hour to get to the hospital and I think finally my parents began to realize that John had been lying to them all along about whatever it was he was telling them about me. Yes he was a good liar too.
    Yes John even turned to churches of Christendom for Christmas baskets and the St. Vincent Socitey of St Pauls for money. Yes he took hand outs from the churches that he condemned in one breathe and yet took from with his hand out.
    He was a hypocrite. After it came time for the Candian Pension Disability Plan to come to an end and he was to start to recieve the old age security and guaranteed income supplement, guess what, he lost his wife (me) he also throw away his cane. And my son tells me that the government wants $28,000.00 in money returned and another $4000.00 to the ontario government. the 28,000.00 is to the Quebec gov.
    Tell me there is justice!!!
    Finally someone has caught up with him and now it is only a matter of time that the elders catch on to his being a con and a scammer.
    What goes around comes around.

• Dawn
    Dawn
    I know I was just talking to sister the other day that said she knew some that would put in pioneer hours but was on social assistance.

This is a phenomenon not particular just to JW's - I see it all the time in my line of work.

However - it will be interesting to see what happens near the end of this year. The Welfare Reform Act was passed during Clinton's term, limiting public assistance recipients to 5 years of collection. That 5 years is cumulative over a life-span, which means they can't go off, then back on for another 5 years.

In August the first bach of 5 year recipients will have reached their term. I have worried about what will happen to the children in 2-3 generation welfare families - but I never thought about how this might impact the JW pioneers.

Seems that 2002 is not a good year for the dubs!! They might have to cut back those pioneer required hours - maybe as low as say....15 minutes

• musky
    musky

Olivia, Great comments. musky

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

There was a pioneer sister in my congregation years ago. She was on welfare, and my dad found out. He was an elder, and he hit the roof. He told her that if she was capable of pioneering, then she was capable of holding down a job to support herself. She was removed from the pioneer rolls. My dad was an unusual elder. After his death, she was back on the pioneer list, on welfare again. No one stopped her then.

cb

• Bang
    Bang

Hey belbab,
    Can you get that text, referenced, here on the thread?
    I think I'd like to pass that one on.

Bang

• ballistic
    ballistic

To be fair - in Great Britain, the DUBS frown upon claiming "job seekers allowance" to pioneer. Rent allowance is fine though. You can pioneer and rip off the government to your hearts content as long as we're not talking about the job seekers allowance.

• ballistic
    ballistic

sorry to add..

not because of the PRINCIPLE but simply because you have to sign every two weeks to say you are actively seeking work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit