JW Zone Trekkies

by Gywen 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Gywen
    Gywen

SYN had a funny little dittie about JW's and Trekkies here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=29001&site=3

What do you get when you put a bunch of computer literate Star Trek fans together on a forum? Mindless propoganda with an Enterprise slant, that's what!
    What many may not realize is that there are many JW's who openly, or privately, believe that once they are done making the earth a Paradise after 1,000 years (and that whole Satan's last rebellion thing is over) that they will explore the solar systems like Kirk on Star Trek! :)

Don't believe me? Consider what a Circuit Overseer once said regarding this. He said that once we finish making the earth for a Paradis, "Who knows what Jehovah has planned for us? He may very well have us explore and populate planets in the solar system".

Well there you have it, not just a close JW-trekkie-geek, but a CO who came right out in the congregation encouraging us to endure (under WT tyranny, no doubt) so that we can be among the millions of "Happy" survivors into a "New World" where we can eventually search the stars since we will be Living Forever after all.

There is a bit of irony here. For a bunch of people that are so resistant to going to Heaven to be with God, actually hope to go to search out the planets in heaven as the eventual goal after all. I guess living forever on a paradise earth is too boring for them. :)

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

it was so stated in a publication... (as i posted a couple of days ago..!!)

can't remember which book (i think maybe the second of the pocket sized hard covers), but probably in the 60's.

of course, NOT that we WOULD, but as maybe!!!!!!

• SYN
    SYN

LOL, I was more concerned with pointing out the fact that watching ANY sci-fi stuff (especially material that doesn't contain the doctrines of the Tower) is viewed as bad in the Congregations, and thus I wanted to show these Dubbies that their entire website should've been banned. In fact, I have a feeling we're going to see it "go down" pretty soon anyway! The Tower is currently going on a vendetta against Dub sites all over the web - GC.Net died last month, and these other sites will soon be gone too. Too bad for the Tower - all people will do then is visit jehovahs-witness.com! LOL! They're spectacularly retarded, that's what I think!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• SYN
    SYN

We Apostates should arrange a spoof Star Trek episode where they go and visit Jehovah in the Pleiedes! (I can never spell that fooking name right! ARGH!)

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• ballistic
    ballistic

There are some quotes in various society publications about inhabiting other planets. This is their answer to over-population (a subject I am quite interested in). I posted a couple of weeks ago that while the total number of dead to be resurected is currently ambiguous due to the fact that this number extends into pre-history, this will shortly not be the case. With more and more people in the world, the number dying each day is becoming greater almost exponentially. So there will come a point where IN RECENT HISTORY there will have been too many people die to be resurected onto one planet and this date is something like only 15 - 20 years away. After this point, the society will have to completely rely on their "final frontier" teaching which I imagine they will become widely known for.
    Of course, local space travel around our own solar system will become common place soon, we already have planned trips to Mars and space tourists so it is not much of a stretch of the imagination for Witnesses to believe they will be able to travel greater distances. And if Witnesses are still around when this increased space travel arrives, they will of-course point back to the vague space travel references currently in print as if this had always been central to their beliefs.

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

"Who knows what Jehovah has planned for us? He may very well have us explore and populate planets in the solar system".

They must have taken a new stand. Tens of years ago WT did answer a question wheter there is life on other planets. If my memory serves me well they wrote that there might be, but this Tellus is where we stick to.

Or they are just tacking: *** Watchtower 1981 December 1 p.27 The Path of the Righteous Does Keep Getting Brighter ***

"However, it may have seemed to some as though that path has not always gone straight forward. At times explanations given by Jehovah's visible organization have shown adjustments, seemingly to previous points of view. But this has not actually been the case. This might be compared to what is known in navigational circles as "tacking." By maneuvering the sails the sailors can cause a ship to go from right to left, back and forth, but all the time making progress toward their destination in spite of contrary winds."

Funny that Jehovah cannot even provide a fair wind for its followers. They go fast anywhere else but not towards the truth.

• AngryXJW
    AngryXJW

I can't recall who it was/is just now, but one of the GOVERNING BODY was/is an avid STAR WARS fan.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Obviously if they do set out for other planets, they will not be on the side of Captain Kirk. They are The Borg.

• ballistic
  • jerome
    jerome

You should have put a book bag over his shoulder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit