Shaking Hands with Death - part 1

by Amazing 27 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Welcome back Amazing!!

LOL @ Englishman!

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Englishman, you've summed it up well. Amazing's life is like a Twilight Zone episode. When he finally does kick the bucket, he'll be found in front of a computer. The final words on the screen will be THE END.

We know you've got much more to share with us, Amazing. Glad to have you back with us.

Hmmm

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Jesus----you almost made me feel like I was going to have a heart attack....good writing.

The Amazing Jones Chronicles...

ashi

• Tanalyst
    Tanalyst

"Mr. Whitney, we've done all we can for you"

At that moment it is my belief your subconcious kicked in and said,"Holy Cow, I can't die! I've got tens of thousands of JW's to help & escape from WT."

Glad you didn't kick the bucket! Now rest,here!

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Congratulations Amazing,

You survived the BIG ONE.

New thing learned ... PAIN is more powerful than FEAR.
    Reminds me of an old JW friend who used to say "I don't mind dying. I just don't want to suffer." Scary, what you went through. You mentioned the "pain" several times. We are all going to die eventually but what I hate most is the journey. Glad you were able to 'shake hands with death' and yet the PAIN has ended with death cheated.

Look how quick you are back to what you are so good at and seem to enjoy immensely, WRITING. Keep at it.

Jst2

• Pureheart
    Pureheart

((((((((Amazing)))))))),

hang tough, as I know that you are.

Pureheart

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

I'm VERY glad to hear your doing better Mr. A.

I'm sure some society drones who monitor this board were saying:

SEE! AH HA!! Your getting YOURS straight from Jehovah! The
    vengence of Jehovah! AH HA! SEE!, SEE!, SEEEEEEE!

Well, it looks to me you recieved the MERCY of Jehovah, considering the other way this could have gone.

Be well, and recover quickly.

CornerStone

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

LOL
    Love all your replies to Amazing.
    His gifts never stop.
    Dammit boy, keep some aspirin around! :-))
    Randy

• moman
    moman

Ok, so now is the time for good NUTRITION including organic minerals!

Great to have you around again!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks for the comments everyone - good replies - hel;ps keep my heart ticken.

Englishman:

"You are unbelievable! ... Serialising a near-death experience - presumably you're in a hospital bed attached to loads of tubes - incredible! ... *Er, sorry, I can't die yet, I'm writing a post...! - Englishman, stunned."
    Hey E-Man: You have me laughing so hard, I nearly blew a gasket. I am out of the hospital ... though while I was there, I was wire to every imaginable high-tech device ... state-of-the-art wave-form color display recorders, and all kinds of cool stuff ... like Star Trek. I was released yesterday afternoon ... and was at work today for a couple of hours ... but I am taking it real slow.

Hi Hmmm:

"Amazing's life is like a Twilight Zone episode. When he finally does kick the bucket, he'll be found in front of a computer. The final words on the screen will be THE END."
    Or maybe my epitaph will say, "Stay tuned for Part 2."

Dogpatch:

"LOL - Love all your replies to Amazing. His gifts never stop. Dammit boy, keep some aspirin around! :-))"
    Yep, Randy I agree, lots of great comments ... and I have a big bottle of chewable children's aspirin right next to me.

Cornerstone:

"... some society drones who monitor this board were saying: SEE! AH HA!! Your getting YOURS straight from Jehovah! The vengence of Jehovah! AH HA! SEE!, SEE!, SEEEEEEE! ... Well, it looks to me you recieved the MERCY of Jehovah, considering the other way this could have gone. "
    Something similar happened not long after I left the organization, where I was ill for other reasons ... and some Elder commented that I was getting my just desserts from Jehovah ... then not long after, he was struck with encephalitis ... yep, religious views can be twisted by almost any spin-doctor to appear justified to the organization.

Hi Jst2laws:

... "I don't mind dying. I just don't want to suffer."
    Yes, especially that level of suffering for that long ... for if they would have shot me, I would have welcomed the relief.

Tanalyst:

"Mr. Whitney, we've done all we can for you" ... At that moment it is my belief your subconcious kicked in and said, "Holy Cow, I can't die! I've got tens of thousands of JW's to help & escape from WT." ... Glad you didn't kick the bucket! Now rest, here!"
    Lol! - Yep! ... Oh Lord, don't take me now, I have to edit my last post.

ashitaka:

"Jesus --- you almost made me feel like I was going to have a heart attack. ..."
    I don't want to write 'that, good ... I want to share the story, but not scare the bee-geebers out of everyone.

Anyway, thanks again everyone ... I will put up part 2 shortly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit