Thanks to Everyone!

by Amazing 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks to Everyone! I really appreciate your many nice comments, concern, posted here on the board, tons of email, and many who also called me at the hospital. This was a very serious and extremely close brush with death … and as someone commented, it has affected my perspective on a number of things. Humbled by some things, stunned and surprised by other things, and most of all very glad to be here – alive!

Right now my body is half shaven with needle marks and bruises everywhere. If I were stopped on the streets of Chicago looking like this, staggering with fatigue, I would be arrested. I do have some pain here and there, but basically I’m okay, except for fatigue.

Something we men have a hard time getting through our thick heads is that just because we feel basically okay, does not mean that we can or should do a lot physically after a traumatic event … and I found this out by doing a little too much walking at the hospital – chest tightened, became out of breath, and got dizzy. A twinge of fear hit me as I realized – once again – that I am going to “”have”” to take things s-l-o-w-l-y.

I will post more later on this and a few other things. Once again, I thank everyone for your responses, prayers, and caring. – Jim

PS: Dateline was excellent. While somewhat gutted of its more potent material ... the more I think about it and talk with others, maybe this first round is best as it was presented.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I good to hear your feeling better and recovering.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

It's wonderful to have you back Amazing!!! So glad that you are on the road to recovery. You have been missed :)

(((hugs)))

Betweenworlds

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Amazing,

So glad you're all right. But, er, what happened??? Could you please give me the link that has the info?

Pat

• riz
    riz

hi jim!

that was me who make the 'you'll gain a whole new perspective' comment. i know because i lost my dad to a heart attack. he was there one minute and then *poof* - i never got to say goodbye.

my whole world changed. i'm so happy that you got a second chance! this experience will surely show you to never take anything for granted- friends and loved ones especially. take good care, jim.

love
    riz

• noidea
    noidea

{{{{{Amazing}}}}},

Please take it slow..We love you and will give you a least a few weeks to recover.

Glad to see you post so soon..in all seriousness..I think we should limit your post for now, or at least limit you to fluff only..Hey Simon..will you have a talk with Amazing??

's

~~~Noi~~~

Member of the: I have ~No-Idea~ class.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Glad youre in one piece.
    Expect to be a bit emotionally unstable over the coming weeks.
    Crying, angry.
    Its a normal pattern after heart problems.
    Dont be hard on yourself, thinking you should be "rational".

• Will Power
    Will Power

Take it easy, glad you're feeling better.
    Will

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

So good to hear from you Jim,

That was a close shave, but as you know with changes of lifestyle, a little more exercise and a seven month vacation in Hawaii you will recover to shake the rattle even louder.

Best to you Jim, send my love to Mrs. Amazing and family and tell them not to worry, there is life in the old dog yet...lol
    Get a lot of relaxing rest!

HS

• AlanF
    AlanF

Glad to see you out of intensive care! Now you've got a long road to recovery, and especially of changing your lifestyle. Bummer, but it has to be, or you'll croak too soon.

Alan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit