Brave high school student exposes abuse and corruption within Jehovahs witnesses

by Watchtower-Free 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Wow....I really am in a cult...

DD

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I had the volume up at maximum but I still could hardly hear it.
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail
    Excellent. Courageous girl. The volume is low, but it is worth straining to hear this moving presentation.
  • TheListener
    TheListener

That was unbelievably well done! It brought tears to my eyes.

If only I could get my wife to watch something like that.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

She is fabulous. I was wiping away tears, too.

It's still kind of surreal to hear someone expressing out loud thoughts that had been so internal for me for so long.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Marked

I don't want to cry before I go out on errands.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Yes, make sure you have some tissues ready😢

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Ok you can start hating me now. Did she speak with those women personally or were they people on a forum that she never met in person? We all know that every story on a forum is accurate. Can one congregation have all that drama? If so it would be so sad. Though I agree with her premise, the info is one sided and I think people should have the chance to defend themselves. Hope it motivates someone to think twice, but I'm not buying every word as from a reliable source.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Shame shame shame to you who remain elders after hearing this.

This is what it feels like for women in Your Org that you support.

• InjusticeSystem
    InjusticeSystem

It doesn't matter if those stories were complete fabrications - the Organization's stance on sexual assault is laid out in their literature. Sexual assault DOES occur, and when it does they DO blame the victim, and they DO NOT take action against offenders, even going so far as to try to humanize them, defend them. The Organization has stated in the past that if a women doesn't scream, she's guilty. Read the verses in Deuteronomy that this idiotic principle is based off of - this is coming from a time when a woman's only value was as a virgin.

What kind of person would stand behind that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit