What is Your Brainwashing IQ ? Take the Quiz

by Finkelstein 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I got this one right but I didn't agree with it:

"No one makes a drastic change in their identity, personality, and values unless they have experienced some kind of abuse or trauma that caused changes in their brain. Those who emerge from having been brainwashed have survived a traumatic experience."

I got this one wrong and I don't agree with it. Why should we consider ourselves to having been coerced?

"Brainwashing uses coercive persuasion to cause a non-agreeing person to believe in something they previously did not want to believe."

PS: I got 18 out of 21.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"I think creative open minded people are VERY skeptical about things."

This particular question and its corresponding answer were not worded as clearly as they could have been.

The fact is that creativity and skepticism are separate, unrelated traits. One can have one without the other.

Being skeptical can help one resist being manipulated, whereas having a creative mind can actually make a person easier to manipulate if they are not aware of the techniques of manipulation or do not possess the other traits which can protect an individual from being brainwashed.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

20 out of 21 for me. I got the red flag question wrong...but it was a tricky one.

I do think that creative, more artsy people can be brainwashed more easily than mathematical/scientific people.

Simon says, I don't know why you did so poorly. I thought of my mother the whole quiz. She is a true believer who says 'brainwashing is a GOOD thing! Our brains have been washed clean!!'

The quiz was so interesting. Witness publications do brainwash people. And I don't mean that in a good way. They can no longer think for themselves.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Thats the core intent of the WTS and its leaders to inundate their personal control over people's thinking by their established theological teachings, proclaiming the knowledge they express comes from god and his guiding holy spirit, knowledge that will one day is going to save their lives and also bring them a reward of eternal paradise.

Pose a fear inducing threat to people's lives and watch how many people you can control by not much practical evidence.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

You know this got me to thinking there was one particular elder in my former cong. who could only operate by the book, to the letter in fact. He's the kind of guy that would be lost without the org. and actually likes it when higher ups tell him what to do. Seems to prefer that than actually having to think and decide things for himself, way too much work and risk I guess. Made for some interestring times at the hall. Actually now that I think about I've met quite a few witnesses that are like that.

In Ray's book COC there is one passage where Ed Dunlap is having an altercation with some others and one guy pipes up and says that he LIKES IT WHEN HE'S TOLD WHAT TO DO !

LOL

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The problem with people who are looking for a father figure or guidance are the ones who usually end in religions like the JWS., they are unsure of themselves and probably insecure, another reason why you usually see young people join cults and not older adults.

• scary21
    scary21
    18/21
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    I looks like the avenge is around 18, which is pretty good, I guess there are a lot on the forum who've come to realize that the JWs is very much a religious cult, which does a pretty good job of exploiting and manipulating people .
  • SimonSays
    SimonSays

I believe the thought process speaks for itself. Simple philosophy you might find otherwise in high school. A true analyses would then suggest that a higher score would infer easy manipulation.

Inductive reasoning is a logical process in which multiple premises, all believed true or found true most of the time, are combined to obtain a specific conclusion. Inductive reasoning is often used in applications that involve prediction, forecasting, or behavior. Here is an example:

During the scientific process, deductive reasoning is used to reach a logical true conclusion. Another type of reasoning, inductive, is also used. Often, deductive reasoning and inductive reasoning are confused. It is important to learn the meaning of each type of reasoning so that proper logic can be identified.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A true analyses would then suggest that a higher score would infer easy manipulation.

Would have to disagree , a high score would mean that the person is well aware of how to coerce and manipulate people with unrelentingly proficiency in the ability to exploit someone else lack of skepticism and critical thinking abilities, the ability to seek out and pray on the venerable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit