Congregation that have sent in money!

by DwainBowman 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Some thoughts about the possibility of your friend suing the WTBT$ for the return of the money. #1: He will be DFed for "taking his brothers to court". Review the Menlo Park case. The most surprising aspect of that case is that the elders who were DFed for suing the society didn't "wake up" because of it. They are still very much mentally in. #2 Even if somehow he avoids being DFed he will loose the case unless he has a document stating the specific intended use for the money and it is signed by both parties. It would be a SHAME if he sued, lost, got Dfed and didn't learn TTATT!                                                                                                                                                                                                              
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Hasn't there been cases reported here of ones who had loaned the WT money not being able to get it back?? The whole thing is a scam, I mean they say they need money for more KH yet can anyone verify that a kingdom hall has been built, only by seeing it or hearing about one froma reliable source. But we are told by their end of the year reports of new halls and new congregations being formed all over the world, yet we have only their report stating this.

The fact they are going after all these funds and all the KH ownership before they went after the money tells me their seeing the growth slow dramatically especially in developed countries and they need to strike while the opportunity is hot. This why I think the numbers they post are all lies!! 

• Kanon
    Kanon

I dont know about him getting his money back, does he have a document making his donation conditional for the sole use of building a new hall.

Also the hall would have done Motion and vote before sending the funds, what was his participation in that. Did you oppose the vote. If not they could say he now gave permission for the funds to be used for another purpose.

Plus like many said if he makes the suit he will face repercussions in the organization for it is he ready for that?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

joe134cd - "These are the bigger ones that I know of."

Seems like they don't even try that hard to hide it (or they're not bright enough to).

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

There is an argument with regards to gifts that if you are giving it on a condition, as in the case of building work, that you have created a trust for that purpose. Even though legally the local congregation owns the money they cannot from a legal standpoint use that money for any purpose they desire, it is being held on trust for the purpose it was given. 

A trust doesn't have to be declared in that situation, a court will find that one has been created constructively.

Whether the individual has the balls to sue the society and/or local congregation, or even ask for their money back is another matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit