Congregation that have sent in money!

by DwainBowman 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Thank you, Inside!  You must be very joyful because you have given me a big laugh and i needed that!

Marina

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Anyone who donated money to their Congregation Building Fund (for the specific purpose of building a new KHall) have the right to ask for it back if their new building project has been cancelled.  The question is do they have the "balls" to ask for it back.

Frankly, I would ask for it back.  Even if I was till an Elder in good standing.  It's very simple to say, I gave a large sum of money for THIS.  THIS has been cancelled.  The donation was specific (most KHall contemplating a "build" have a special fund for this) and the decision has been made to NOT follow through with the project for which I donated the money.  I never intended to make this kind of donation for some unspecified purpose.

We have some Legal Beagles here.

Isn't there a legal precedent for this?

Doc

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

@DOC if you have these arangements in black and white on paper .

By the way. In our KHall certain people (those who made large donations for a local project) were asked last year if they were ok with transferring the money to Brooklyn.

None of them objected.

@Marina my pleasure

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

The WTBTS isn't the only scammers.  A Baptist pastor could be one too!

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Inside T K,

I don't think anyone in your hall would want to be on record for wanting his money back, that could be the first step into apostasy or receiving a unfavorable response from the GB on some trumped up charge after all they wield the sword of disfellowshipping as they have complete authority as God's faithful and discreet slave. .  

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

To those poor saps that donated money for a specific purpose and did not put it on paper as in a contractual agreement, please kiss your money goodbye. The WTS will never give you a cent back. 

They are so tight with their money that even Andrew Jackson and Benjamin Franklin want out. 

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

At least we were told that none Objected!

Dwain 

• KillerJones
    KillerJones

Yes, now when the hall needs a renovation, they can apply to the WT for a loan. That new loan will continue indefinitely and will be based on a fluctuating publisher amount. That is a new directive. How nice...

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Unfortunately these are not isolated incidents. There have been phantom assembly building projects in Columbia and mexico where they were taking donations, and it wasn't until the local elders started questioning the society about their intentions and where  the money was, that they fessed up and admitted that the project was no longer happening. They built a new bethel facility in Greece with the idea of selling the old bethel and moving into the new.  But as property values increased during the build, they just sold the new premises and stayed in the original bethel, much to the distaste of the locals. There has also been bethels in Spain and the Czech Republic that have been shrouded in scandal . These are the bigger ones that I know of.
  • Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit