Who Benefits from the Multi-Billion Dollar Real Estate Empire that is WT?

by TTATTelder 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

hoser - "We donated about ten thousand dollars for the purpose of renovating our local Kingdom Hall just for it to be sold out from under us less than a year later and the monies sent to headquarters."

That explains a few things.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD
    Back in 2004 when I was still in the Borg I spent 2 weeks at the Wt. painting the old factory buildings.  On my time off I would walk around and see all the buildings the Wt. owned and ask myself what was they using these buildings for.  For the most part the only thing they was being used for was to house bethelites who would just maintain the buildings.  That was the first time a very dim light bulb came on in my head.  That was the beginning of my journey getting out of the cult.  Remember in just a few years the Wt. kick out 1000's of bethelites on the idea that many congregation needed help with ones who had been to bethel.  I knew some who had been there for over 30 years being kick out.  They was scared to death about what was happening to them.  Then shortly after that  they started to sell them all off.  Still Totally ADD
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Given the cushy lifestyle of the GB, is it any wonder that the COs ( supposedly modern day apostles ) don't have jobs?!?! Does ANYONE know of ANY CO who works, even part time?? 

Paul MADE tents. Would a CO even SELL tents at Bass Pro or Wal-Mart?!?! Lol!!! 

DD

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected
    Could it be the property grab is about shoring up their portfolio in the event of more lawsuits, giving them a large buffer which would allow the inevitable cash payout, protecting the afore mentioned luxury lifestyle of the leaders?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

passwordprotected - "Could it be the property grab is about shoring up their portfolio in the event of more lawsuits, giving them a large buffer which would allow the inevitable cash payout, protecting the afore mentioned luxury lifestyle of the leaders?"

Abso-f**king-lutely.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is naïve, IMO.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There are vendors, accountants, realtors, lawyers, and construction people that do directly benefit from the way WTS does business, but it is not about that.  The people in charge of things came up from the ranks.  They were pioneers that finally made it up a couple notches (or several notches).  
    That's all it took.  Traveling as a Bethelite for WTS to deliver a talk in some city is far better than eating peanut butter and jelly at home.  The higher up one goes, the better the perks.  It doesn't have to be comparible to Bill Gates or Donald Trump, it just has to be better than it was on the way up.  C.O.'s deliver the same talk for 6 months and spend most days encouraging members the same way over and over again.  They have Mondays off and people treat them like rock stars.  It's a good life compared to providing for a family and pioneering.

I think that the big transactions of selling properties and seizing money is not about passing it on to some vendors or lawyers or whoever.  It's about perpetuation of the organization, putting Watchtower ahead of the individuals.  Higher-Ups will be convinced that it is better to fleece a congregation than to let them have their moneys.  They will truly believe that their own slight benefits are still greater sacrifices than the members are making.

• Zordino
    Zordino

Who Benefits from the Multi-Billion Dollar Real Estate Empire that is WT?

The Zenon Corporation, a subsiduary of Koch Brothers Industries.  Truthfully, no one really knows.  

• prologos
    prologos

Who benefits from the labours of an ant colony, a bee hive? 

There are individuals that are milking the wt system well, but it would be astonishing to see if anyone profits more than than the ideal, normal wt definition allows. 

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OnTheWayOut - "... It's about perpetuation of the organization, putting Watchtower ahead of the individuals..."

Distill it down to its purest form, and everything - everything - is about the WTS's continued survival.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DD: Paul MADE tents. Would a CO even SELL tents at Bass Pro or Wal-Mart?!?! Lol!!!

Paul made tents. Most CO's make me tense! (Say it out loud)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit