Who Benefits from the Multi-Billion Dollar Real Estate Empire that is WT?

by TTATTelder 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

TTATTElder - "Who benefits from the multi-billion dollar real estate empire that is WT?"

The individuals in the WT heirarchy itself.

The more one is able to climb the hierarchy ladder, the more one benefits.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    I’ve heard speculation that the vendors that supply the Watchtower with goods and services are the primary beneficiaries. They would also have a vested interest in keeping the Watchtower going. Sometimes I wonder if there is some amount of truth to that.
  • Simon
    Simon

Vendors are one way people can extract money from the org. Contracts awarded to companies owned by brothers? I wonder if that always delivers best value.

The higher ups have no bills to pay and no real work to do while they travel the world for free ... seems like a pretty sweet gig.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

yea, who does benefit? its an awful lot of work to collect properties and manage them.

takes an awful lot of time doesn't it?

all these people can be attending individually simply locally run kingdom halls, paid for by local donations

and simply pay a printer for literature when they need it.

gee just think how much TIME everyone would have!

• erbie
    erbie

The leaders of the Watchtower enjoy a level of luxury and security that did not come about through any sacrifice they may have made nor is it the result of hard work. They enjoy complete financial security without any risk whatsoever and no chance of losing their lifestyle through recession or financial hardship. They have millions of followers in complete subservience who view them as nothing short of God's spokespersons.

Even military dictators do not enjoy such a secure, safe and stable lifestyle because there is always the risk of a power struggle on the horizon and the chance of being toppled.

Just because they do not own a Rolls Royce and a yacht does not mean they don't have a very priveleged lifestyle.

The priveleges that they do enjoy are those that cannot be bought with money. They have the ultimate power over people's lives. In short, they own the souls and the future of the people who blindly follow them. 

For the power hungry alpha male, that is the ultimate reward.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Thanks for the posted comments. Sorry the OP turned out so long.

That video says it all DD! 

Oubliette - It increasingly amazes me that nobody asks for an accounting from headquarters. I guess it shows just how god-like they see the GB. It's as if it would be considered blasphemy to dare ask for accountability.

I'm sorry. I don't care how holy you are supposed to be.. If you are in charge of millions if not billions of dollars, there needs to be checks and balances. The people that gave you the money deserve to know what you are doing with it. 

It see two things.

One - I see how little respect the GB has for the people actually paying their way (they see the rank and file as children that are beneath them)

Two - I am beginning to better understand what the fascination is that men have in this organization for the higher ups and why they want to be one so bad. The GB are straight up gods. The people in their immediate circle are worshipped also. The elders trying to climb the ladder in this organization want in that club.

They are ok with the double standard partly because they want it for themselves.

-TE

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Take a look at televangelists who are poor on paper, but control unlimited expense accounts.

The life of a Governing Body member involves traveling the world first class, staying in exotic locales at luxury resorts under the guise of "giving talks".

They have instant celebrity and very intimate power over millions of member's lives.  There is nobody to challenge their behavior, they are the gatekeepers.

• hoser
    hoser

In a way myself and mrs hoser benefit from the watchtower's real estate empire. 

We donated about ten  thousand dollars for the purpose of  renovating our local Kingdom Hall just for it to be sold out from under us less than a year later and the monies sent to headquarters.   

How did it benefit us? I woke up to the con game they are playing with real estate.  We won't ever give them another dime

• sir82
    sir82

Is it possible to agree 1000%? If so, that's me.

These guys (GB) would make Kim Jong Il green with envy.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    But Jesus said to him: “Foxes have dens and birds of heaven have nests, but the Son of man has nowhere to lay down his head.” - Matthew 8:20

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit