Assembly today, Survival Tips and Recommendations Please!

by Blackfalcon98 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    So there's an indoctrination session tomorrow......any tips for getting through with my sanity intact?
  • Viviane
    Viviane

Play music in your head, come up with ideas for sequels to your favorite movies, try to solve some riddles, figure out the answer to some paradoxes, think dirty thoughts, eat Indian food tonight so you need to spend most of the time in the restroom, come up with new lyrics for the songs, take a list of all of the errors they make...

Those are some of the things I used to do when I had to attend.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Whiskey in a flask?

I always spent as much time as possible out of the seats and surfing the net or reading ebooks.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Keep a tally sheet the way kids do:

jehovah

Governing body

jesus

brazen conduct

tight pants

etc.

• millie210
    millie210
    Blackfalcon983 hours agoSo there's an indoctrination session tomorrow......any tips for getting through with my sanity intact?

Whatever you do - dont listen to the speakers.

(its hard on your blood pressure)

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    What I used to do was to sit alone in an area where no body knew me. Soon as the session starts take a bible and a folder out to make out you have an assignment. Then just walk out the door and go into town. 10 mins before the session ends arrive back and no one will know your gone. But now I just don't go at all.
  • Giordano
    Giordano
    What Joe 134cd said. Getting some fresh air is always good.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Do what I did..... Play sick...stay home....
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

In the absence of PMS issues [I am male] I used to suffer from the sudden onset of migraines- which necessitated me having to take a lot of fresh air, get to a pharmacy for medication - usually in a shopping mall - or just plain go home.

You could try Sudoku - put a Chess app on your phone/device - use earphones and listen to Muzak - doodle - walk someone's baby in the pram / stroller [if you're female] - in my late teens back in the 70's when CA's were 2.5 days and ran until 9 pm at night we used to slip away to a corner shop that had a pinball machine and spend some time there. Also at stadium venues we used to volunteer for the overnight "guard" duty of the site and that meant we could go and sleep during the day time session - usually in a camper / caravan - which could be locked from the inside and made to look very unoccupied from the outside.

For these and the 5 day DA's we would volunteer for kitchen duty which could get you away from your seat for entire sessions [they had the program piped into the prep area via speakers] and this also enabled us to meet le femme's as well.

• Oogie
    Oogie
    FayeDunaway 7 hours ago

Keep a tally sheet the way kids do:

jehovah

Governing body

jesus

brazen conduct

tight pants

etc.

What are you talking about? 'Jesus' is never mentioned anymore.

Don't forget to add 'spanx' to the list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit