Cases involving minors

by TheMatrix 38 Replies latest jw friends

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    This is true, I think they call that the "old school". I think younger elders now adays have a different view and appreciate the job that experienced counselors do

Old school? But aren't elders appointed and guided by the unchanging Jehovah? If they're just a bunch of well-meaning simpletons trying to muddle through, then maybe they should say so.

--
    Bad times, hard times - this is what people keep saying; but let us live well, and times shall be good. We are the times: Such as we are, such are the times. - St. Augustine, 354-430

• seven006
    seven006

<<<Thanks for the warning, but I'm not publicly attacking the Watchtower so no one will disfellowshipped me. I am pointing out what I would do in that situation and showing that most Jehovah's Witnesses do care for the victims.>>>

Neither did Bill at first, all he wanted was some answers. The answers he got made him take it public. If he would have kept his opinions to himself as they wished none of this would have happened and noting would have changed.

All you do is talk a good talk but your actions show nothing. Talk is cheep, actions get things done.

Call the watchtower and ask them what happened to Leo Greenlees. That is not attacking them but only a JW asking a real question. Then after they tell you it is none of your business come back here and tell us what you think. I stood in Leo Greenlees apartment with his new room mate and had him tell me why Leo's last room mate mysteriously disappears. It is not a roomer, it is a fact. I herd it standing in the middle of Leo Greenlies apartment at Bethel.

The JW's condemn gays and say they are an abomination to god but the JW's had a gay governing body member. If that is not hypocrisy then I don't know what is. Go ahead, call them. You say you want the truth, you say your want to do what is right, you say they are not hiding anything, then call them. It will quickly show you that you are noting in their eyes and you are not deserving of the truth about anything. It is not an attack but simply a question, what can a question hurt? If they are as you say they are they will answer your question with all the facts. Right?

You think being an elder makes you impervious to their deceite? You know absolutely nothing about your religion. Prove me wrong, if you can, I will go back to my old congregation and start proceedings for reinstatement if you do this and prove me wrong. As an elder, it is your duty to try and get "lost sheep" back in the fold. I am giving you a chance to do that. What are you going to do?

Dave

• raven101
    raven101

Matrix,

'Are there good elders'? . . . of course there are, I knew a few myself.

Everyone who says there aren't:

There is no quicker way of revealing yourself to be fanatical and blinded than to state that any group of people are "ALWAYS" or "NEVER" this way or that way.

Wake up, when you start classifying people into absolutes ANY freethinking individual is going to see the lack in your logic (and quit respecting your opinion), YOU HAVE THROWN AWAY YOUR OBJECTIVITY, YOUR MIND IS AS CAPTIVE AS IT EVER WAS, just in a different way.

raven101

• JT
    JT

5. I would have also recommended that she speak to a professional to discuss how the abuse has affected her psychologically

#######

THIS person shows that he is not a TRUE SOCIETY MAN the reason is simple- a good society man follows the direction and lead of the Service and writing dept.

notE he stated:

"I would have also recommended"

NOW what does the wt say IN PRINT- WHEN publications cover some type of medical treatment they always state in italize:

WE MAKE NO RECOMMENDATIONS OF THERAPY THAT IS A PERSONALLY MATTER

so while this poster boast that he would seek out the direction of the wt- his post clearly shows otherwise

while i fully agree the girl a sSHOULD BE TOLD TO GO TO THE DR,

as an Elder HE CAN'T DO THAT AND SAY HE IS FOLLOWING WT PROCEDURES

AND this takes us back to my orginal point THE MAN MATRIX sees the need to recommmend that the child get help, but THE ELDER MATRIX hands are tied by Policy and organizational procedures that preclude him from saying :

"I would have also recommended that she speak to a professional to discuss how the abuse has affected her psychologically"

is it not sad that this man Matrix being a good man and caring man is part of a SYSTEM that would prevent and dog him for making the above statement

IF HIS CO rolled in town and found out that he "Recommended some type of Medical Treatment" the CO would Dog him if he too was a dyed in the wool Society man.

as i said IT IS THE SYSTEM

that is why i no longer could be a jw elder

• JT
    JT

hey puff
    we are out of college for the summer got a few extra minutes on my hand thought i would post

• JT
    JT

Matrix

this is on a personal note

reading your post you sound like a good man and i would like to just say it is good to see you as a jw AT LEAST WILLING TO DIALOG

while may not agree with all of your views i do realize the danger and Guts it takes to come to such a forum in DIRECT VIOLATION OF WHAT YOU AS A JW ARE TAUGHT AND TOLD TO DO

so i only will say this continue to READ READ READ AND LET NO ONE TELL you as an adult what you can and can't examine openly esp if it will have a life impacting role for you and your family
    welcome to the bd

• SYN
    SYN

If I was an Elder, I would Disassociate myself!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• happy man
    happy man

hello again JT nice see you.
    It is right that it is a dangerus situation for us who is inn here ans is ongoing JW, i hope my firewall is inaff, can not amagien that they have spys who chec who is here, or?
    I want to ask you one qestion who bader me a lot,WHER IS THE MONEY,if you have been on bethel perhaps it can be intresting to listen to you wuie on this.
    I have read a lot of storys of this, but none seems to now,i found one site who say that they hade inkom on 900 billion dollar 2001.

warmest regards from nothern europe.

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Hello Matrix :o)

I was struck by your first numbered response.

*I asked myself, what would I have done if Erica (from the Dateline show) would have come to me as an elder. These are the steps that I would have followed:

1. I would have hugged her.*

Unfortunately, although as a very concerned individual this might be a natural response, I think that this could also be a potentially *dangerous* reaction as a MALE elder to a FEMALE victim of a MALE paedophile, particularly if you were alone with her.

Maybe you are a female and/or hadn't thought of the possible ramifications of such an action and/or hadn't been given adequate advice against the advisability of such a reaction ......?

Many female victims of male child abusers would not welcome such an approach by another male - their previous traumatic experience will be too fresh in their minds; they will be suspicious; they will no doubt be terrified, traumatised, emotionally and physically scarred, withdrawn etc etc.

In this day and age and with the knowledge that we now possess, a process which requires a victim, especially a female victim, of a male abuser - and more especially a small child - to answer the questions of untrained and inexperienced adult males - I consider totally insensitive, extremely foolish and inordinately crass.

There are many possible ramifications resulting from child abuse - the untrained should *concernedly* point the victims in the direction of the *experts* imo. This would be how I would interpret the Biblical injunctions.

I understand you wishing to give comfort to the victim by giving a hug. Unfortunately, in the society in which we find ourselves, and in the situation which you describe, this is not necessarily the most compassionate nor practical beginning.

If the child was accompanied by a parent whom he/she trusted, I would suggest that this would be the right person to hug them at this point. I would be shedding tears of grief and compassion for the victim ......

'Innocence can never be regained.' Mine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit