Cases involving minors

by TheMatrix 38 Replies latest jw friends

• TheMatrix
    TheMatrix

Many on this forum criticize elders as being incompetent. I've know a few myself, but you must agree that there are also very good elders also.

Well, here is a case and I would like to know what you would do if you were an elder.

A fourteen (14) year old male has sex with a twelve (12) year old female. The female confesses to her parents and the parents report to the elders. The elders speak to the fourteen year old male and he also confesses to having intercourse with the twelve year old.

You are an elder, what would you do?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Leave it totally in the parents hands, encouraging the parents to reiterate the Bibles counsel to their kids, at the same time reminding the parents that what is done is done, and overreacting will not change that, nor will it prevent it in the future.

Geez, it's too easy.

There are no really good elders, because they have ALL been swept up in a ego-tripping whirlwind. They simply have no business handling the matters they handle. None of them.

• TheMatrix
    TheMatrix

WRONG answer!

This is why it is important that the elders contact the Legal Department in all cases involving minors, so that the elders can get appropiate legal advice on the situation.

Let's take one of the toughest states as an example: Texas.

In Texas, legally, the fourteen (14) year old is a child abuser and Texas law says that the abuser (even if he/she is a minor) must be reported to the authorities by the elders. The state of Texas does not limit the law to only over-18 abusers.

See, it's not that easy being an elder. But the Society does provide proper guidance in complicated cases like the one I mentioned.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Matrix, you are a pretty smart guy (I think you are a man...or perhaps with your knowledge, you are actually an elder wanna be...a woman).

Either way, your lack of simple ethics is not surprising...and your inability to read something sarcastic is classic!

Go back to the KH (KingDum Hall, in case you are not sure...I spelled it phonetically 4 u) and repeat 3 times "Jehovah will take care of it" then repeat "Evil apostates, prodded by Satan, are doing this" then try "We are in the last days and this proves that we are being persecuted."

I am sure you will feel better and all of this will get swept under the rug.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I live in Texas, and I am almost sure your info is incorrect. If it is correct, most Judges would just yawn.

Ok, let's assume I'm wrong. Here I'll amend my advice:

A)Leave it totally in the parents hands, encouraging the parents to reiterate the Bibles counsel to their kids, at the same time reminding the parents that what is done is done, and overreacting will not change that, nor will it prevent it in the future.

B)After deciding on the main course of action, (A), contact the legal dept of the Watertower Backhoe and Tractor Society.

C)Let the parents know that by law, you will have to contact the authorities.

D)Do so.

E)Invite the family of the 14 year old to Six Flags this weekend. *Sigh* an elders work is never done.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Matrix,it`s not easy being an elder in a child molestation case?WRONG ANSWER!!!It`s very easy,if elders follow the law...OUTLAW

• Jewel
    Jewel

Man, ain't this classic:

>>>The female confesses to her parents and the parents report to the elders<<<

Yup, that 12 yo has to confess that she probably led the poor young brother on with her sexy ankle socks and patent leather meeting shoes...

That sounds so patriarchal I could vomit.

Geeeeesssshhhhhh!

Jewel

• belbab
    belbab

Puffs rule

Right on,

Reading all the info posted since Dateline 5/28, it is the women who are rising up in arms and ringing the alarms.

So suddenly we see posts arising written by elders putting on woman's identities and spinneng a web of damage control. Where did JW 'sisters'suddenly know to such a depth the Society's confidential policies. How come they suddenly speak with such authority, and with legal/service desk vocabulary.

See The Star's post with a similar lengthy article dealing in depth with the Dateline program. I am not saying that woman do not have this ability, but how come all of a sudden they say they are woman but are speaking as "glorious ones".

It reminds me of the old comedy movie, The police set up a road block dressed up as common folk, then the camera focuses on the big heavy boots they are all wearing, and exposes their identity and their stupidity.

So Mother Matrix, lift up your skirt and show us the real goods, then maybe we will believe you.

belbab

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

Hello Matrix. Do you know what *I* would do?

I would go to the cops and tell them everything I knew about the situation and then ask *them* what I, as elder, should do about it. They will then inform me of how to handle the situation and probably take it out of my hands to let the professionals with EXPERIENCE at handling these matters do their job.

Then again, I guess I should have told the parents to pray more and be more forgiving.

Oh well, maybe being an elder is not easy after all. Lording it over the flock and all.

• detective
    detective

I'd ask Retcon!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit