If Your JW Parent Died Would YOU Go To The Kingdom Hall For The Talk?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I would like your thoughts, please.

• Simon
    Simon

It depends if anyone told me that it happened.

• blondie
    blondie

No and I didn't...my mother was an extreme abuser until her death. My jw brother did not go. Plus I did not want to be rushed and condemned because I came by the holy jws there.

• Fulano2
    Fulano2

No! And I told them.

• SoJo16
    SoJo16

My mother had all her JW friends at my non-JW grandmother's funeral, and then a post-funeral gathering at a JW's home. My sisters and I, who were born-in but left or faded when we went to college, had to deal with our grief in front of all the witnesses, which was very emotionally difficult and stressful. of course all the witnesses we had grown up around decided they could forgo the shunning for a few minutes and speak to us which was exquisitely uncomfortable For us, and probably them, too.

I was so angry and distraught over that experience that I did not attend my witness father's funeral a year later.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I would grin and bear it, out of respect for my dead parent. I recently went to the KH for a close relatives funeral.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

I would go, of course.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Hard to say, not having a parent ever in the bOrg. I think it could prove to be a really difficult time for those who've left as the jdubs (sorry if this offends) are so phony in their platitudes. Grief is tough enough without dealing with that.

• talesin
    talesin

No. I am not welcome at joyful celebrations, so I refuse to attend their 30-minute memorial infomercials.

• looter
    looter

If your talking about the memorial talk, then i would have to go because my parent would Want me to go. And out of respect for them, i'd give in and go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit