Encinitas Congregation Encinitas CA.

by exwhyzee 14 Replies latest jw friends

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Anyone from that Hall?

We attended a memorial for a long time friend there this past weekend. It was my first time in a Kingdom Hall since Memorial 2008. As per usual, the people were lovely but the message had gaps and left me feeling somewhat blank and cold. The association afterward was easy and natural and reminded me of the way it used to be when all was well for us and JWdom. Maybe that in itself should be enough for a person ?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I know someone who went to Encinitas, but that was over 20 years ago (that they attended). . . . Interesting how small the world is.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

The association afterward was easy and natural and reminded me of the way it used to be when all was well for us and JWdom. Maybe that in itself should be enough for a person ?

A few nice interactions do not a good life make.

• steve2
    steve2

When you are not free to express your honest-hearted sentiments but feel compelled to 'play the game', people can be terribly nice and soothing to you. You sound like the renewed sense of being in nice company has hit a vulnerable spot within you that pines for simpler, less complicated times.

Looking back on things we once hankered after can be like that. But we ought not mistake this very human vulnerability to belong and feel comfortable with evidence of truth.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

There used to be Hartleys in Encinitas.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

We lost a very wonderful friend to some mishandled medical treatment after an accident. Part of me knows what Steve2 and LisaRose have said is true and that this untimely death is causing me to reflect on things but I sometimes wonder if it would be better to go back and not take it all so seriously and just reap the benefits of being around people who are trying their best to be decent and good. There are less meetings now, they are shorter and the whole thing seems much more user friendly. We walked away back in 2008. It would only be a matter of easing back into a few meetings now and then.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Most people here will just tell you to run, run far away from the religion while you have the chance. Personally I think if you don't mind hearing things from the platform that most of us regard as nonsense, then maybe give it a try. But keep in mind that you will be expected to give talks and go in service, unless you don't mind being on the social fringe and being looked at as "weak" or odd by your fellow Witnesses.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's your life I guess, I just wonder if you are just focusing on a few good things and forgetting the bad parts, the sheer boredom of the meetings, the futile nature of the field service, etc. Why not spend that same time and effort into developing new relationships and finding a new group to be involved with? There are churches that have the good parts of being in a religion, without all the JW baggage.

I do get why you might miss some things, I am not a believer, but I was attending church for a while, I actually enjoyed it very much. The services were interesting, the people were nice, very welcoming, they had great music and good food afterwards, they did a lot of charitable work. They were even fine with my lack of belief in God. It was in another town unfortunately, so we stopped going. We are going the Christmas eve services at my husband's parents church (same denomination), I am really looking forward to it.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Go to a few meetings, better yet tie in over the phone.

The sheer boredom will remind you of why you left. Its truly painful to listen to that garbage once you know it all bull.

• flipper
    flipper

EXWHYZEE- It's up to you and your wife of course to do whatever you want to do. But as some have mentioned the elders and JW powers that are - will expect you to go out in service, attend meetings and assemblies, and do the WT functions that all JW's are expected to do. Are you ready and WILLING to do that ? Even in spite of knowing TTATT ? Would you be able to look at yourself in the mirror and admit to yourself that it's all a scam that you are supporting ? And yes, I understand that there are loved ones you may have inside the JW cult that you get along with and have a great relationship with - and to maintain those relationships you would have to pretend to support something that you really don't believe in - but ask yourself are you able to do that and stay as committed to the realities of WT Society injustices as before ? Point I'm making is that if you go back to attending meetings there is always the chance of becoming re-indoctrinated by WT mind control that gets spewed from the platform at the Kingdom hall if THAT information is coming into your mind.

But who knows ? Another way of looking at it is that you may be able to assist your loved ones to eventually exit the JW cult and divulge information to them while working undercover on the inside. Others here have done it- I'm sure that you and your wife are steallthy enough to do so as I know you both personally. You are both very smart, loving, and quality people. So if that is part of your plan I wish you the best. You will always be our friends no matter what decision you make. We will be here for you both ! I'm just trying to analyze it from both sides of the fence here. I know that I personally could never go back- but different people have different situations and no one size fits all. Take care, if you ever want to chat lets talk on the phone sometime, O.K. ? Say hi to your son & wife for us

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit