Why must we APPLY for everything?

by Tech49 17 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Suppose someone is willing to go on missionary work but only to a place like New Zealand, or Chile, or Iceland, or some other specific location? Then they are told that they want people to go to Israel, the last place I would want to go to (even worse than Nigeria). That means I will not go at all, and I will save whatever it would have cost and buy silver with that money.

And I will hide that silver so the jokehovian witlesses can't see it and grub off of it. I will be prepared when that day of calamity their own LIE-ble is preaching about, while they will not. I don't abide by that damnation book and I am better prepared for this coming hyperinflation than they, who do abide by that book, will be. And I don't see how a trip to Israel is going to help them weather hyperinflation.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

All of the WTS tactics and procedures are based off of your most basic MLM (multi-level marketing) schemes. Take your pick of Amway, or any of the vitamin or financial MLM's. They all work the exact same way. The power structure, phony hierarchy, silly name tags and graduated titles, public recognition of high achievers, special delegates to conventions and gatherings, exclusive meetings for high achievers, special publications for certain "leaders", hyperbolic testimonials....... everything. EVERYTHING IS AMWAY WITH THE JW's!!

The MLM scheme attracts two basic types of people: 1) those who are weak-minded, gullible and ignorant, bottom 50% in life/IQ/expectations, the easily addicted, those that seek out institutional control of their lives for safety and self-preservation. Or, 2) the high achievers who yearn for public recognition, reverence and adoration, those who enjoy petty institutional structure so as to climb that contrived ladder and gain power and control over others weaker than them. That is it! That describes 90%+ of the JW's.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

I am going to re-post my comment in a new thread so as not to hijack this one. The topic of why everything in Jdub-land must be "applied" for is a worthy one that annoys me greatly. My MLM correlations are a tangent that may be better off in a different thread.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

If you follow through on the application (and follow up to confirm, BTW), it lets them know that you're actually serious about it, and are less likely to bail when the road starts to get bumpy.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It's almost as if these people can't even tie their own shoes without being told to do so.

"Tight Pants" Tony will be getting to that soon now that he's laid down the law on colored socks and Spanx.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

THE REAL REASON! - even though the WT doesn't sponsor or pay a penny, if you look at some of the documentation for countries they must report as being a charity, they will spin the 'reports' as evidence they are doing charity work. Without their precious reports, they'd have NOTHING to spin doctor, then they would lose some of their precious idol money to taxes.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I think I have the answer.....

Last week, at the meeting, a young man got up on stage and gave a talk. He did well. He wasn't MLK or even Anthony Morris III, but he did well. The School Overseer praised him excessively too much in fact. But, I understood why. You see, in our hall, very few of the kids do anything at all. Yes, they attend with their families, but their expressions are of boredom and passive acceptance. This kid, on the other hand, is fully invested and its visible. He is taking that JW road and waiting to see where it will take him. From a secular viewpoint, he has some problems, a little self absorbed and spoiled, with just a little too much sarcasm around the edges. From that secular viewpoint, he would be a below average to average kid on the outside. But here, here is the make believe world, he is "the best" (thank you Nacho Libre).

The "Application" process of the JWs serves to make the average...unique, even special. When you are "approved" then all the boxes have been checked and others can see that you are the kind of witness that other witnesses should be. You have the good housekeeping seal of approval and others wish they can have it as well. It is all part of the indoctrination into the BORG.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I never really wanted to go to an international assembly. For my wife's sake, I looked into it one time. I told her I could beat their prices via the internet and get a better experience that way because the chosen travel pretty much limited time before and after the convention. I told her not to "apply" and maybe we would save up and do it my way.

She said their letter kind of hinted that we should not do it that way. Even as an elder, I was like "it only suggests that, it doesn't forbid it." She asked that we apply and do it officially. We applied. I am so glad they still had plenty of people to compare us to, and they chose the "more spiritual" and not us.

We never went.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit