Could the allowance of blood fractions be curtailing the growth of the religion?

by Apognophos 29 Replies latest watchtower medical

• never a jw
    never a jw

I asked the question from an elder/cicuit overseer substitute: Where in the Bible can you find support to accept fractions? He said, "I will get back to you". Two and a half years later and I am still waiting. The mind of JW's must be filled with contradictions and yet they manage to be very patient, and continue waiting on Jehovah, in most cases until their final demise. They certainly have been trained to be the most patient people on earth!

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Yeah, I too remember thinking that taking blood fractions was a ludicrous concession to weakling Witnesses: no doctrinal explanation could ever justify the change.

Eden

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

I asked the question from an elder/circuit overseer substitute: Where in the Bible can we find support to accept fractions? He said, "I will get back to you".

In year 2000 Watchtower published the GB's reason for not prohibiting blood "fractions" (such as cryoprecipitate, cryosupernatant, albumin and a long, long list of other blood derivatives) saying, "The Bible does not give details, so a Christian must make his own conscientious decision before God."

So I asked a then CO "Where does the Bible give details about white cells isolated from blood so a Christian knows accepting this from blood is wrong?

He looked at me with a blank stare and replied, "We have the faithful slave to help us understand that issue". I pressed the issue saying "Yes. I understand the slave gives us its conclusion that accepting white cells is wrong, but what biblical text gives any more detail about white cells compared with cryoprecipitate so we know accepting one is definitely wrong whereas accepting the other may not definitely be wrong?"

He recommended I pray about it. I told him I had prayed mightily about it and so far had not gotten an answer. He suggested that perhaps my prayers were being hindered due to my critical perspective...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

He recommended I pray about it. I told him I had prayed mightily about it and so far had not gotten an answer. He suggested that perhaps my prayers were being hindered due to my critical perspective...

That's right, it's always YOUR fault.

Who's fault was it that God gave the F&DS false information to dispense to the domestics for decades?

Who's prayers were not answered?

F*cking wackos! How did I ever buy all of this crap?

Doc

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Haha, amazing, Marvin Shilmer. I congratulate you on asking such a logical question, though you were bound to only get nonsense as a response.

• jw07
    jw07

By JW logic fractions of fornication, and murder should be acceptable

Prosecution: "Are we to take it that you killed him Mr. Brown?"

Mr. Brown: "No sir, I merely strangled a fraction of his life out of him, I did not take his life a whole."

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I asked the question from an elder/cicuit overseer substitute: Where in the Bible can you find support to accept fractions? He said, "I will get back to you". Two and a half years later and I am still waiting.

Well, 2.5 years is only a fraction of a decade or a century, so the CO is still within a workable timeframe.

(P.S. Don't hold your breath on an answer)

He looked at me with a blank stare and replied, "We have the faithful slave to help us understand that issue".

So if the FS has made it allegedly crystal-clear, why doesn't the CO understand it enough to just answer the question???

Dumbass.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Something fishy for sure is going on in WT world in regard to the Blood doctrine.

Like clock-work, year after year in January, WT would have parts in the Kingdom Ministry reminding the rank and file with such questions as: 'Are You Putting It Off?', 'Do You Know Your Options?' or 'Are You Prepared For A Medical Emergency?'.

I just reviewed this January 2015 KM and nada, nothing, zero and no article on the subject. So we're going into the fourth year that 'Mother' has played dumb on the topic of 'No-Blood Management'.

Why has WT been soo speechless all these months and years when before there would be videos, KMs, booklets and other literature on the subject?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Apognophos - "Could the allowance of blood fractions be curtailing the growth of the religion?"

Who can say?

Every little bit helps, though.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

He said, "I will get back to you".

never a jw ...

If he included the words "soon" or "very soon" you will have a long wait.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit