Stupid comment Witness made about the Exodus film.

by Trapped in JW land 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

JW: Atilla The Hun decimating an entire city or region, killing children and old people, enslaving the survivors, all to expand his territory: evil, wicked, Satanic.

JW: The Israelites decimating an entire city or region, killing children and old people, enslaving the survivors, all to expand their territory : 'it is righteous warfare... Jehovah™ approved. I am okay with it'.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

One of them suggested seeing the new Exodus movie. The other brother says, "I heard it's really violent"!

LOL. Well, duhhhh!

(Exodus 2:11, 12) . . .Now in those days, after Moses had become an adult, he went out to his brothers to look at the burdens they were bearing, and he caught sight of an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his brothers.  So he looked this way and that, and seeing no one, he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand.

(Exodus 5:13, 14) . . .And the taskmasters kept urging them: “You must each finish your work every day, just as when straw was provided.” Also the foremen of the Israelites, whom Phar′aoh’s taskmasters had appointed over them, were beaten. . . .

(Exodus 9:18, 19, 24, 25) . . .Here I will cause a very great hail to rain down tomorrow about this time, such as has never occurred in Egypt from the day it was founded until now. Therefore, send word to bring all your livestock and all that is yours in the field under shelter. Every man and beast caught in the field and not brought into the house will die when the hail comes down on them.”’” [. . .] There was hail, and there was fire flashing in the midst of the hail. It was very heavy; there had never been any like it in the land since Egypt had become a nation.  The hail struck everything in the field throughout the land of Egypt, from man to beast, and it struck down all the vegetation and shattered all the trees of the field.

(Exodus 12:29, 30) . . .Then at midnight, Jehovah struck down every firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Phar′aoh who was sitting on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who was in the prison, and every firstborn of the animals. Phar′aoh got up that night along with all his servants and all the other Egyptians, and there was a great outcry among the Egyptians, because there was not a house where someone was not dead.

(Exodus 14:27, 28) . . .Moses at once stretched out his hand over the sea, and as morning approached, the sea returned to its normal condition. As the Egyptians fled from it, Jehovah shook the Egyptians off into the midst of the sea. The returning waters covered the war chariots and the cavalrymen and all of Phar′aoh’s army who had gone into the sea after them. Not so much as one among them was allowed to survive.

(Exodus 17:8-10, 13) . . .Then the A·mal′ek·ites came and fought against Israel in Reph′i·dim.  At this Moses said to Joshua: “Choose men for us and go out to fight against the A·mal′ek·ites. Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill, with the rod of the true God in my hand.” Then Joshua did just as Moses told him, and he fought against the A·mal′ek·ites. [...] Thus Joshua defeated Am′a·lek and his people with the sword.

(Exodus 32:26-29) [After the golden calf incident] Then Moses took his position in the gate of the camp and said: “Who is on Jehovah’s side? Come to me!” And all the Levites gathered around him.  He now said to them: “This is what Jehovah the God of Israel has said, ‘Each of you must fasten on his sword and pass through all the camp from gate to gate, killing his brother, his neighbor, and his close companion.’”  The Levites did what Moses said. So about 3,000 men were killed on that day. Then Moses said: “Set yourselves apart for Jehovah today, for each of you has gone against his own son and his own brother; today he will give you a blessing.”

• steve2
    steve2

The horror of terrorism lies in the well-practised human capacity to sanction any displays of acts of violence in the name of their "god".

The primary difference between terrorists and Christian fundamentalists such as JWs is the latter are prepared to wait upon Jehovah to commit the acts of terror upon humankind.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

stuckinarut2, you are really asking for trouble Are you trying to see how much you can get away with before people start noticing what you're saying?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

TrappedinJWland - "One of them suggested seeing the new Exodus movie. The other brother says, 'I heard it's really violent'!"

* facepalm *

Please; "Exodus" is PG-13, and it isn't even pushing the envelope like the Middle-Earth movies.

The Bible is crammed full of hard-R sex and violence from beginning to end (a strong argument to limit your kids' Bible reading, now that I think about it).

Even my devout JW parents couldn't refute that one.

TTWSYF - "The Passion by Mel Gibson was very violent, but I'D STILL recommend it."

Oh, yeah; nothing like watching an innocent guy getting the shit beat out of him for two straight hours to strengthen one's appreciation for Biblical epics.

FTR, I call that movie "The Jesus Chain Saw Massacre".

• tidalblitz
    tidalblitz

This brings to mind what my 9 year old son said this past Friday while watching Guardians of the Galaxy... "Daddy, this movie is really violent!" My reply.. "Well, if you don't want to watch, you can go outside." Guess who stayed to finish the movie. It honestly was quite shocking. This came from a kid who loves watching little fuzzy animals get beat on in Pokemon and watching and playing light saber battles in Star Wars. I've got to intiate some advanced de-indoctrination techniques on the child before it starts getting worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit