Tell me what they are thinking or planning to do.

by LogCon 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Okanagan?

• LogCon
    LogCon

milola asked,' Why, if you were so close to this couple, didn't you stop it from ever happening? Is there an estate that the money is going to go to? Or are you going to reap the reward?...'

No rewards for me. Since this crime occurred I have become involved with helping the elderly, mainly due to my witnessing the suffering this elderly couple were subject to.

Estate issues are long past.

Why didn't I stop it? It seems to be a simple case of stopping a crime. How do you stop a crime of deception, fraud and theft. When it is planned by several people, on the surface it appears legitimate, but only later do all the facts come out. To the victim, the suffering is clear and painful. To the bystander it is unclear. I previously posted about a fraud artist that moved from Vancouver B.C. to Spokane, Washington. Her name is Doris Nelson. She ran a ponzi fraud operation. After the fact it is easy to see how people were duped. Many lost large amounts of money. Some their life savings. Some may ask, why didn't someone stop this crime. After many years the federal authorities in the U.S. finally brought an end to it, with a recent conviction and sentence of nine years in prison.

Asking why I didn't stop this crime from happening is similiar to one asking,' Why don't you tell Jehovah's Witnesses in your family the truth about the Watchtower, so they can get out'? Some things just have to run the course of time. If they can 'Wait on Jehovah' I can 'Wait on the Justice System'.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LOG CON:

This is a very tragic story you relate. I am sure this probably happens in other groups as well.

When I was active in the religion I noticed and was appalled by the overstepping of boundaries by nervy people in the religion. I am grateful I was raised a Catholic and only came in to the JWs as a young adult. Having worked in the world, I had a healthy sense of boundaries and was shocked at the gullibility of others in the religion (mostly born-ins) who tolerated anything. I suppose they thought this was "normal".

However, there is a slow erosion of people's sensibilities, and even savvy people raised in the "world" can check their brains at the door and can be defrauded in investment schemes and so on. The key is trust. They are led to believe they can and should trust people in the hall, when the sad fact is they should not.

After being out of the religion for over 14 years and have my eyes wide open, I cannot imagine anybody tolerating this. I would never get involved with religion or any sort of movement again!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit