Tell me what they are thinking or planning to do.

by LogCon 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zeb
    zeb

go tothe police. Your aspirations are of the highest nobility but you need biigger 'guns' to fight for you. Go to the police ..now! I fear that you are assuming they will be humble and honest when confronted.. they wont. POLICE!

• LogCon
    LogCon

zeb said, ' ...I fear that you are assuming they will be humble and honest when confronted.. they wont...'

I have no such assumptions, however, no one will ever be able to say I never gave them a chance to seek mercy, 'while it may still be found'.

New York44M said, ' Keep in mind they have a lot on their plate and may not run with it. So, don't be surprised that you never hear from them again...'

No fear about them forgetting about it. I intend to push this right to the Attorney General of British Columbia. This is not totally personal. This is to protect society, in particular the elderly, from criminal abuse. I hate that the elderly are targeted. This ten year old crime is not looking back. It is looking forward. Just like child abuse cases in court are starting to set precedents and attracting public attention, I desire that crimes against the elderly do the same thing through court convictions and sentences.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

"This ten year old crime . . . "

Is there a statute of limitations that might leave them an out? (I'm from the US and not totally familiar with Canadian law, nor US law for that matter.)

Bobcat

• LogCon
    LogCon

Bobcat asked, ' ...Is there a statute of limitations that might leave them an out? (I'm from the US and not totally familiar with Canadian law, nor US law for that matter...'

I asked the R.C.M.P. Corporal if there was a statute of limitations on fraud and theft. He assured me that there IS NOT!

Good news for everyone in Canada that has suffered as a victim and been hesitant to come forward to the authorities. I don't know about U.S. laws but Canadian law applies right acroos the country in all Provinces. I think it is much more organized than the U.S. Nothing against you and your kin but Canada does not have the gun slinger, pioneer mentality that seems to run in some of the individual States. The U.S. states seem very protective of their power to enforce their own laws. I may be wrong.

Probably am.

Regards.

• Ajax
    Ajax

I believe there is a statute of limitations on fraud in Canada. it extends not from the time of the fraud, but from the time the fraud was discovered.

Makes sense when you think about it

Fraud is the crime of choice partly because the lag time in detecting it gives the opportunity for dispersion of assets, destruction of evidence and natural death of victims etc. etc.

My ex is a JW fraudster.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Canada does not have the gun slinger, pioneer mentality that seems to run in some of the individual States. The U.S. states seem very protective of their power to enforce their own laws.

I get that sense here also. Thanks for the reply. Regards.

Bobcat

• LogCon
    LogCon

Ajax said,' ...

I believe there is a statute of limitations on fraud in Canada. it extends not from the time of the fraud, but from the time the fraud was discovered.

Makes sense when you think about it...'

My information is the following:

More Serious Offenses

• For anything other than a summary or misdemeanor offense, there is no statute of limitations in Canada. Therefore, for crimes such as major theft, murder, rape or the like, you can be charged at any point in the future. Warrants have been known to exist for more than 20 years in some cases.

Civil Law

• Canada provides a statute of limitations for uncollected debt as well. In 2003, the Canadian Supreme Court decided that future debt could not legally extend beyond six years. Parliament subsequently changed this provision and increased it to a 10-year period.

Additional thoughts:

It is indeed an interesting situation where an elder has to fear being criminally charged.

Will he take some pre-emptive measures to mitigate the damage to his reputation in the congregation?

I also wonder what the many 'child molester elders' did to soften the blow to their reputation when the law became involved. No doubt they denied to the extent they could and cast doubts on the character of the alledged victims. It would be interesting to see data that reveals the common thread that connects each 'criminal elder' when it comes to denial.

At what stage did they really start the denial?

How extreme was it?

How agressively did they attack the victims?

Also, what was the response of the body of elders?

Were they complicit in any cover-ups?

Could they be considered 'accessories after the fact'?

This could even be a chapter in criminal law books that analyzes the behaviour of religious leaders when authorities make investigations into crimes in their fold. What is their 'modus operendi' when the law comes calling? Future criminal investigators could examine the common threads and indicators, the standard methods religious leaders use to protect their own members and their organizations reputation.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Are you not aiming for a single "destination", namely, prosecution?

Therefore, why plan TWO routes? Take the only sensible and legal route, and report A CRIME to the police. Let them deal with it and your destination will achieved.

Don't try and rub their noses in it - otherwise, a judge may question your motives for delaying the reporting of a criminal act.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi LogCon, If I were the JWs, I would try to shelter my money in off-shore account(s) that the Canadian government could not access, I would have my attorney investigate how seriously the local prosecutor's office pursues fraud cases, and research where and when I should move to another country.

If I were you, I would find out what ties the JWs have in B.C., what motivates the local prosecutor's office, what is the range of potential sentences for this type of fraud, and if convicted where would they serve their time. I would use all of the above information to pressure them to make restitution, as well as inform the police, local news media, and KH of their fraud.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• milola
    milola

Why, if you were so close to this couple, didn't you stop it from ever happening? Is there an estate that the money is going to go to? Or are you going to reap the reward?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit