Looks like ABC New York got the okay.

by truthseekeriam 35 Replies latest jw friends

• OzGirl
    OzGirl
    Following this case with much interest.
  • Splash
    Splash

I so hope that the end result of all of this is that the WT are duty bound to drop the 2 witness rule.

What a humiliation, but what a victory for common sense.

Splash

• Gayle
    Gayle

So, can we expect ABC to report/air anything partially next Wed. with Court approval?   It would only involve the lawyers there to be videoed/heard by the Court.  Hopefully, soon after we will get a site somewhere for the 'full' report.

Thereafter, I understand, the Court has up to 90 days for decision.  Hopefully less.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Not sure what ABC and now NBC is going to with their video recordings, wish I did.

01/07/2015Order filed.    Upon due consideration, the media request of applicant The Center for Investigative Reporting/NBC Nightly News to make a video recording of oral argument in the above-referenced appeal is granted. The applicant shall confirm the arrangements for recording oral argument with the clerk of this court. This order does not permit the applicant or any other party to bring a recording device into the courtroom.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

It is kind of at the eleventh hour, but I would think that if someone who can make a bona fide claim to being a member of the media  (such as running or contributing to a blog, website, etc) wished to attend, they too could get permission to record.  

I was a court employee for a year and we were very careful about giving equal access rights to all members of the media, whether they be a lone blogger or a major newspaper reporter.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

"I so hope that the end result of all of this is that the WT are duty bound to drop the 2 witness rule."

They won't drop this rule, it is scriptural.  They have adjusted how they apply it and are much more careful about what they say.  Don't forget that these cases come out of the 1980's and how they were handled at that time.  They are now trained on what to say, how to say it, what to ask or not.  If it is a criminal case they will refer it to the legal system if required, it the law doesn't require it they won't.  They are fighting cases against a time that they hadn't been so proactive in a legal sense.  Now most of us recognize the Organization is run behind the scenes by lawyers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit