Looks like ABC New York got the okay.

by truthseekeriam 35 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

http://appellatecases.courtinfo.ca.gov/search/case/dockets.cfm?dist=1&doc_id=2025979&doc_no=A136641

12/19/2014Order filed. Upon due consideration, the media request of applicant ABC News to make a video recording of oral argument in the above-referenced appeal is granted. The applicant shall confirm the arrangements for recording oral argument with the clerk of this court. This order does not permit the applicant or any other party to bring a recording device into the courtroom.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Erm... how can the applicant make a video recording without a recording device in the courtroom?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The order granted simply means that no other media taping of the oral argument during court proceedings is allowed, including the WTS.

ABC news is the only organization who can .

This should be interesting

Can you imagine this getting broadcast all throughout North America ?????

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

ABC is permitted to use one video camera and one lighting system. They or any other party are not permitted to use any other recoding devices such as audio recorders or phones.
    Rule 1.150 (e)(8)

• flipper
    flipper

This could be a breakthrough into giving even JW's or other non-Witnesses actual video footage of WT Society attorney arrogance in action in the courtroom. Could be very telling. Of course- WT society will probably send a letter to congregations instructing elders to announce to not watch the proceedings. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Which "Jane Doe" case is this... Candace Conti?

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

However you dissect it, it is GREAT NEWS!!! At least ABC News (New York) will be in attendance. I hope that they will post an unedited copy of the proceedings on their website or on youtube.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

P.S. - I wonder if the WTBTS will actually make an annoucement in a meeting not to watch the proceedings, because it would draw attention to the fact that the WTBTS did lose a pedophile lawsuit. It would be a Catch-22 situation for the WTBTS.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The GB will never forbid the rank and file from this recording as they have future cases(50-100 my guess) to worry about so expect mums the word on these court proceddings and no encouragement to view or not to view ever being written or expressed in talks to the rank and file except perhaps by some rouge CO.

• JeffT
    JeffT

We'll have to watch for when they air something from this. My guess is it will be on 20/20.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Hmm? They forbid us to watch the NBC Dateline show 5/28/02

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywY4mKoubws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit