What's with this "no windows in kingdom halls" thing?

by Trapped in JW land 32 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

The Kingdom all I went to did not have windows .The curcuit servant told me it was because brothers & sisters
    That sat near them would be distracted by the outside going on,But the ministry servant told me it was because
    outsiders would smash them.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Apognophos: Magnum, the whole reason for this silly meme about windowless Halls is that folks like yourself look around your specific area and extrapolate to the entire world's Kingdom Halls. I am aware of at least one Hall built within the last few years that has plenty of windows. They were never phased out from the general Hall plans.

I see nothing silly about discussing the fact that there are many, many KHs with no windows that are built that way for some specific reason.

I SAID IT WAS IN MY AREA, and never did I "extrapolate to the entire world's Kingdom Halls" or even remotely indicate that there were no kingdom halls anywhere in the world without windows. Actually, it was some others who were extrapolating; they were saying something to the effect that since they were aware of kingdom halls in their areas or in places they visited with windows, then it seems that some's mentioning kingdom halls without windows and wondering why they don't have them is nonsense.

Here is the OP again:

I hear many people on this forum say that kh's don't have windows. But I have never been to one that didn't have windows. Is this only in a certain area or something?

Evidently, a lot of people have noticed KHs without windows. It is a reasonable question to ask why some don't have them.

KHs in my area have fake windows; I was there when they were built. I watched as the bricklayers made recesses to accomadate the fake shutters that I built.

What is so odd about the possibility that KHs in some areas were built without windows for security or insurance purposes?

You need to get off your high horse. And, by the way, "like yourself" is terrible grammar; it should be "like you."

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

You never extrapolated?  Sorry, this sounded like extrapolation:

As I said above, no KHs have so much as a single window in my area, and that is by design. I believe that older KHs had windows and then, for practical reasons, windows were eliminated from designs.

What was the basis for your stated belief in the second sentence, if not the reason that you gave in the preceding sentence?

Correcting my use of "yourself" while writing "then it seems that some's mentioning kingdom halls without windows" is really funny, thanks for the laugh.  Also, "Kingdom Hall" is capitalized and that's not how you spell "accommodate".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit