Governing Body at Bethel and their daily routine

by Tenacious 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I never had the privilege to serve at Bethel .

Therefore, community help is greatly appreciated friends.

Do the GB members have their own living quarters separate from the average JW?

Does their "busy" schedule permit field service, if yes, how many hours a month?

How long are their weekly Wednesday meetings?

Are they accorded any special privileges?

Any other pertinent information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

separate quarters? No. In Brooklyn they lived in the same buildings as everyone else. They did get some of the nicer rooms though.

field service? They're expected to meet the publisher average as are all bethelites. basically they are 'supposed' to go out every saturday with their congregation. the infirm ones are sort of exempt from this but they still go out a little. i knew a brother whose job was to take one of them out in service which was driving him around to a few RVs

-wednesday meeting? No idea but I figure it takes up most of the work day

-special privileges? They can pretty do whatever they want. However in their congregations they serve as regular elders

• pbrow
    pbrow

Hey Barrold... .Expected to meet publisher average?? By whom???

They are the freeking GB!! From Gods voice to our ears..... I think they just txt J-hovah their hours each month.

pbrow

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Thanks for the info BB.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Wasn't there some publication that stated their Wednesday meetings often go past the scheduled end time, like they were some group of corporate badasses that work so damn hard.

Idiots.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

When I served in Brooklyn I saw Jaracz, Shroeder and their wives out doing street work, not together, a few times in downtown Brooklyn.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

pbrow: I should have said national average which is 9-10 hours. They turn their reports in to their cong. like everyone else.

• Fulano2
    Fulano2

@Tenecious:

No they live among the rest of bethelites. Sometimes larger rooms because of their seniority.

They go out on field-service. I found Pierce every saturday in the Bossert library conducting Bille studies.

Don't know about the wedness meeting.

They are not being told what to do so they could permit them selves quite Some privileges, never noted any special things.

Generally speaking, they are hard working old men (in the nineties, most of them have died) , and I wouldn't have their routine for a million a year at that age.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They have a "hard" life. Millions of followers, the best food, clothing, city living, health insurance, ect. They do not live in the real world by any stretch of the imagination. The GB have no worries of the common man. They have a golden parachute. What worries do they have? As the Bible says, " their paunch is fat." This is especially true for TOMO III.

These guys have lived the dream. Now they have to pay the price. They must tow the line and pass the torch before they pass into the great beyond.

IMO, they are slave to a concept/corporation that has a life of its own. The GB are what some would refer to as " The house N*****s". Yeah, they are slaves, but their position sure beats the hell out of the R&F's.

Who really gives a shit what they tell themselves they do or accomplish?! I would imagine they wonder about:

1) Pedo cases.

2) Repressing gay JWs.

3) Making money from Real Estate sales.

4) Combatting the information age.

5) Their mortality.

DD

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Eat, pray, talk, poop.

Eat, pray, talk, poop.

Eat, pray, talk, poop.

Eat, pray, talk, poop.