Elder Tells Study to stop using google for research ???

by raymond frantz 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• piztjw
    piztjw

Similarly, it is dangerous for us or our children to make friends with strangers over the Internet, even if they claim to be Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Doesn't this qoute say it all? Everyone involved with jw.org is a stranger, yet they claim to be JW's. Is there any danger to letting children "associate" with these strangers via jw.org?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Its really quite amazing (but not surprising) how early in the game (home bible study level) shame and guilt are employed in "thought reform."

The elder starts out by saying he's not feeling the usual "connection" (or something to that effect) that he feels with other students. Is the problem his poor teaching or social skills? Nope! It's the study's fault.

From there we get into controlling information, and again he does this by using guilt and shame. It's like your taking to pharisees when jesus is standing next to you. The implication there is "you are a hideous person For doing this. Shame on you!"

The next step is these feelings of guilt and shame are internalized by the study, so the next time he goes to google "Jehovahs witness United nations" his Big Brother doesn't have to be there to stop him; he stops himself out of guilt and shame.

Personally, I feel this step -- instilling guilt feelings over "independent thinking" and researching outside information -- is the most insidious step of the thought reform regimen. If the target takes the bait here, it becomes infinitely more difficult to escape indoctrination.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thank you Raymond Frantz. What an idiot this elder is. No wonder people like my brother want to be elders and don't want to leave. How they love to tell people what to do! Uneducated people spouting nonsense, I don't know how anyone stands it. He oozes arrogance from every pore. If you set out to design an organisation to trap all the idiots who know nothing about anything but love telling people how to live you couldn't have hit on anything better than this cult. So, so glad I am away from these fuckwits.

According to this guy, they think they are the equivalent to Jesus on the earth and so people should ask them theological questions rather than looking at the wealth of information on the internet. Wow and I wonder why my relatives stay! A place for all the thick people in the world to feel at home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit