Elder Tells Study to stop using google for research ???

by raymond frantz 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

ELDER TELLS STUDY INTERNET IS BAD FOR RESEARCH

(watch the video here...)

It might be that the Watchtower has embraced the internet in recent years as never before but in private things are the same .Watch this video as an elder strongly discourages a “study” from using the internet to get answers.Shameless mind control from the same people who promote in any kind shape and form their version of online truth ,jw.org.

Not many years ago they used to demonise the internet as the following quote from July 2007 Kingdom Ministry shows:

Question Box

What are the dangers of using the Internet to associate with someone we do not know?

A number of Web sites have been designed for people to meet and correspond over the Internet. Many of these sites allow individuals to create and post their own profile, which may include pictures and other personal information. People who view the profile can then make contact. Such Web sites are very popular among young people, and some youths in the congregation have used them to interact with others who claim to be Jehovah’s Witnesses.

It is easy for a person whom we meet over the Internet to be deceptive about his identity, his spirituality, or his motives. (Ps. 26:4) An individual claiming to be one of Jehovah’s Witnesses may actually be an unbeliever, a disfellowshipped person, or even an active apostate. (Gal. 2:4) Reportedly, many pedophiles use such Web sites to find their victims.

Even if we are convinced that those with whom we are corresponding are in good standing in the congregation, conversations in such a setting can easily drift toward unwholesome material. This is because people tend to be less inhibited with individuals they have not met personally. They may also view online communication as private and feel that whatever they say will not come to the attention of others, such as their parents or the elders. Sadly, a number of youths from Christian households have been ensnared and have become involved in obscene speech. (Eph. 5:3, 4; Col. 3:8) Others have included sexually provocative pictures of themselves, suggestive nicknames, or links to sexually explicit music videos in their computer profile.

In view of the foregoing, parents should monitor their children’s activity on the computer. (Prov. 29:15) It would be dangerous to invite a stranger into our home or to allow him to be alone with our children. Similarly, it is dangerous for us or our children to make friends with strangers over the Internet, even if they claim to be Jehovah’s Witnesses.—Prov. 22:3.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I'm not seeing a video link, only the photo...

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

corrected now ,video link is back on

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Wow, that is something else.

• pcop
    pcop

Here is another example of the WTBTS quarantining information. It is also an insult to individuals who are no longer children.

It always bothered me during my more than 30 years as a JW why the WT felt the need to conduct research for me, conclude for me and tell me what to think and believe as if I am incapable of it.

Parents of children should protect their children from information that would be harmful to young and impressionable minds. But as those children mature, they no longer need mommy to "breast-feed" them. On their own they can eat solid food, digest it, and expel the waste.

The WT practice of information control is no different from what Nazi Germany did in its book burning practice. It is a preventing individuals from finding out information on their own and determining for themselves if it is good or bad; from God or not from God.

This practice keeps its membership "kindergarten-level" and forever "dependent" upon mother to feed them milk. (The same milk, I might add).

It also sheds light on the idea of a WTBTS "fear of discovery" by its members if they were allowed to use any and all resources available to them.

What is really hypocritical is that when the Brothers conducted research to compile the "Aid To Bible Understanding" and the later "Insight To the Scriptures" volumes, those Brothers used so-called "worldly" resources to do so. The Watch Tower library of books at the headquarters is full of works one would find in the Catholic Church, the Lutheran Church and many others. Most JWs are not aware of this and are steered away from thinking about it.

I find it strange that the many writings of the founder of the WT - Charles Taze Russell - are not made public to other JWs and they do not appear on the WT Library CD. Why? I will tell you why?

Because if one reads the writings of the WT founder C.T. Russell and compare them to what is being taught today, there are vast differences. Yet, Russell is hailed as a "Faithful and Discreet Slave."

No only that, a study of Russells writings against the backdrop of Watch Tower teachings today; C.T. Russell would sound like an Apostate.

I have said many times before, one is ALWAY safe and on the right track if they obey God's command concerning his son at Luke 9:35. "Listen to him."

We are not to listen to men and their human agencies no matter what lofty claims they make.

Listen to Christ: The person. (He is not an organization and not in any organization)

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Interesting how this young Islamist is exposing other cults. His religion doesn't treat ones who expose his cultic faith very kindly. I wonder if his activism against the Mormon and JW cults and information control would cause him any discomfort with the ways of his own religion.

• flipper
    flipper

Wow, thanks for posting this Raymond. Incredible . This elder tells this Study, " don't go and get information from anyone who would TARNISH it ( the information ) . " And - " If you get information from ex-Witnesses they are just bitter and telling lies about the Witnesses. " What a douchebag ! If anybody is telling lies it's the WT Society. Now we see after watching this youtube wHY so many JW's are scared to talk to us

• steve2
    steve2

The "irony" of exposing other groups' beliefs is that if the same skepticism and scrutiny were applied to the exposers' own beliefs, those beliefs would also fail the test.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Yet, Russell is hailed as a "Faithful and Discreet Slave."

He's recently been demoted by the GB to the status of a good brother, that's all.

Of course, the only way a person looking into JWs would know this is, ironically, to do a Google search.

• j dubb
    j dubb

To be fair, that quote from Question Box is about using social media.

As is usually the case with UK people, this video needs subtitles for Americans. I can't understand probably about 10% of the dialog.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit