Series of articles about the March 15, 2015 Watchtower on AD1914.com

by Gilgamesh 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I'm reading your latest Elijah/Elisha article. Very interesting. Not through it all, yet. Time doesn't permit me at the moment.

One suggestion: when quoting from past WT articles or publications, it might be best to either (a) give the full reference as to where one can find the quote (e.g. stating Watch Tower April 15, 1918 isn't quite enough... a page number would be most helpful... took me awhile to find the original quote.) and/or (b) don't put ellipsis in the quote, as this gives the impression that something important was left out, causing people like me who have a distrust already of this practice by WTBTS to have to go look up the full quote ourselves.

Fortunately, the April 15, 1918 quote is okay, even with the ellipsis, though I would say that the final sentence in the paragraph in the article hits the point home, which you did not include in the quote.

These seeming disappointments were divinely foreknown, "his appointments."

• Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh

That's excellent. Thanks.

I will go back and add page numbers. I prefer whole quotes rather than the ellipses, too. The problem is that the original quotes would divert attention to other subjects, possibly requiring further explanations, and would be so long that the article would end up with another 1000 words. It's already too long to finish in a single sitting (as I think you already noticed for yourself. 

Thanks so much for the extra 4/15/18 quote. I'll add it. 

• flipper
    flipper
    These alleged " end time " dates are all just mind numbing crap. Nobody knows if and when any alleged return of Christ or the " end " of the " world " will come. Nobody. The WT Society has gotten it wrong from the beginning and ALL throughout history cult leaders, religionists , and apocalyptic groups have tried figuring out when the " end " is. It's a waste of time. There IS no end. Time is better served living in the here and now in a good way than putting faith in a pipedream and illusion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit