Series of articles about the March 15, 2015 Watchtower on AD1914.com

by Gilgamesh 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh

3-15-15-wt-UPDT

Over the next 5 weeks, we should have 5 or 6 articles/posts that will provide more commentary on the March 15, 2015 Watchtower

The first one is up there now.

New! Important DOCTRINAL CHANGES in March 15th, 2015 Watchtower (Study Edition) Explained wp.me/p4cpZS-xO

http://ad1914.com/2014/04/20/new-important-doctrinal-changes-in-march-15th-watchtower-study-edition-explained-clarified/

The new articles should be posted at about 1 per week. There's also a Twitter (800 followers) and Facebook page linked to ad1914.com to get notified as the new articles go up.

Thanks!

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

You raise the very interesting issue of Nebuchadnezzar's dream at Daniel 4.

If the WTS has dropped the type-antitype model, how do they maintain their idea that there was a 2520-year hiatus of the Kingdom of God, terminating the period in 1914? Or is that due for the chop too?

The Bible says that the dream was fulfilled in Nebuchadnezzar's 7-year experience. The WTS claims that his 7-year experience lasted 2520 days, and that it was the type for a 2520-year experience of God's kingdom. It was always bizarre that the WTS has God's kingdom symbolised by the King of Babylon.

Doug

• jimbojones
    jimbojones

Well I guess the Revelation Book can be thrown out. Pretty much every 'modern day fulfillment' is now in the trash.

• prologos
    prologos

jimbojones; say it is not so, how about all the trumpets, trumped up convention cons?

• LogCon
    LogCon

I glanced quickly to the image and thought I saw, for May 4-10 ' This is the way you prove it '.

Upon reading more carefully I realized it only said,' This is the way you approved '.

I am sure that an article about 1914 entitled, ' This is the way you prove it ' would be welcome by all Jehovah's Witnesses.

• LogCon
    LogCon

It could be argued that the Society wants Jehovah's Witnesses to start speaking about Jesus much more. The March 2015 study articles, cumulatively, mention 'Jesus' 103 times, 'Christ' 45 times [usually with Jesus] , 'Jehovah' 51 times, and the 'faithful and discreet slave' 7 times.

After those particular Watchtower Studies, in 2015, a discerning Witness could, in casual conversation, mention how the Society is encouraging everyone to talk about Jesus more. With those numbers it is obvious that the 'faithful and discreet slave' is not as important as Jesus. Even Jehovah is only mentioned half as much as Jesus. This would indicate that the Society is sending us a clear message to put more emphasis on Jesus Christ and less emphasis on the 'faithful and discreet slave'.

• Wrath of Jehu
    Wrath of Jehu

Oh "faithful" oh how "discreet". I remember attending a get together at a brothers apartment. We sang witness karaoke after having snacks. My favorite was "Life without End At Last". I remember there was an interested one there. A young lady who was someones bible study. She seemed nervous to be there. When I took the mike and sang the song, I deliberately walked over to her and pointed at her as I sang the words 'you too can have a part....live for the day (then I pointed right at her and continued) "when....we'll say...life without end at last". I'm not sure if she liked that or not as her eyes were as wide as saucers and she looked fear stricken. I don't know why. I'm really not a bad singer...tee hee.

I guess i'm guilty of trying to impress the young interested one. She wasn't even baptized yet.

I had eaten so many tortilla chips with hot sauce that night that I couldn't hold it any longer and had to go # 2 in the bathroom. Let me tell you, it was a big old stink fest in there and of course just my bad fortune that the young study had to go right after I did. She was waiting by the door when I walked out. I said nervously..."you may wanna light a match in there...heehee". She gave me that saucer eyed fear stricken look again. I then said nervously "Of course you probably don't have any matches do you? I mean, you probably don't smoke do you? So...you probably wouldn't have any matches. Heeeheee". She said nothing and just looked at me weird.

I tried to half block her from going in there but she said "excuse me" and brushed by me. I followed her in and she said loudly "EXCUSE ME". I said "oh yes..of course. Lo siento senorita". I thought it would be cute to speak to her in spanish. Even though neither of us are spanish. I put my ear against the door and heard her say "Oh...gross". I then thought to myself.."did I forget to flush"?

I guess the answer is yes...since I heard the sound of the flushing right away.

When she opened the door my ear was still affixed to it and I came falling in to the bathroom. She looked at me with absolute horror and just walked away.

After the party I followed her home in my car. Trying to remain "discreet". She pulled into an apartment complex so I followed her in and she parked her car to walk to her apartment. I parked right behind her and got out walking behind her trying to get the courage to say something. Finally, right before she opened her dorr I blurted out "Hey there bible study girl". She screamed and I grabbed her and said "don't be scared. It's just me". She just shook herself away from me and went inside without saying a word. After about 30 minutes of me standing outside her door a security officer came up to me and threatened to call the police if I didn't leave. I said, "I know that girl inside". The officer said SHE was the one that called security and was very scared of me. I told the officer I would leave. Before I left I yelled out "See you at the hall sister".

I've never seen her again. Even her study conductor hasn't seen or heard from her anymore.

Some people aren't rightly disposed I guess.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Where the Scriptures teach that an individual, an event, or an object is typical of something else, we accept it as such.

I copied pasted this line from your link which I believe is from the Watchtower. I wonder then if they still accept this.

"The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah" Book (1971 Edition), Pages 56-59:

"Ezekiel was not raising himself up as a prophet and presuming to speak in the divine name. He was really a prophet sent by the Most High God...Not alone were the inspired words of Ezekiel prophetic, but he himself was a prophetic figure in his action, as is later shown on occasions. (Ezekiel 24:24) Since Ezekiel himself was a 'portent,' or 'sign' (AV), of someone to come, and since he was not a type or prophetic figure of Jesus Christ, whom did the prophet Ezekiel typify in carrying out his divine commission?"

• scoobydont
    scoobydont

Marked !

• pbrow
    pbrow

Jehu... I dont know what the point of that story was but its effing hirrarious!! Unless of course it was true then you are one creepy a-hole

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit