Series of articles about the March 15, 2015 Watchtower on AD1914.com

by Gilgamesh 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Gilgamesh,

Are you still attending any Kingdom Hall? The only reason I ask is I am curious as to your identity, and then--only because

you come from the Ray Franz era at Bethel and would undoubtedly be seen as a 'celebrity' around here:) (Not being facetious!)

Unlike the majority who post on discussion groups, your personal experiences are rich in factual details from a very historic period

in JW history. In essence, you know where the 'bodies are buried.'

I looked up your original posts/topics on our JW-net history function and realized how essential your viewpoint is to our community

if, for no other reason, you lived through it and knew principle players.

I bemoan the silence of intervening years since your first appearance a dozen years ago.

Are you hands-on with any projects at the moment? Have you given consideration to writing your personal biography and self-publishing?

Would you sit still for some Q & A?

Has your old nemesis Bill Bowen reappeared in a puff of smoke and the scent of brimstone lately:)

Thanks!

• Hermano
    Hermano

Interesting. I didnt bother to read the actual WT article, but it seems to be a pretty significant shift. But only for the old timers. Those who have come in recently and have not heard much of the type/antitypes won't think much of it.

• Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh

Terry,

I usually only work on behind-the-scenes projects that don't require a name or face because I'm in an odd situation with the JWs.

When Barbara Anderson brought up this idea about a site that celebrated the 100 years since 1914 ( ad1914.com ) I thought it was a great idea, especially because she had a lot of good ideas for such a site.

But I am not in a position to give out my name in any public way. Several people already know me of course, but I'm not anxious to get my experience tied to my name. Actually, I personally knew about half the people who provided experiences for AD1914. I didn't know you, but you might recall that I spoke to you on the phone and got a copy of your book: "I Wept by the Rivers of Babylon." I feel I know you pretty well now, and there was a lot in the book that we might use on the site when we get around to featuring authors of books about their JW experience.

And of course, I wished I had been able to erase my first 10 or more Gilgamesh posts, or change my name, especially after that first big argument I got into with Bill and friends. Anyway, that was my mistake. I'll learn to keep my mouth shut on certain subjects.

I enjoy your posts, btw.

Thanks

• Terry
    Terry

Ahhhhhh, okaaaaay. I'm clued!

Thanks.

The doctrinal changes article just struck me immediately as way above the usual fare and I realized something about

the quality was connected to a. . . giggle. . . "higher power." Experience and intelligence are the light which can't

be hidden under the bushel.

Thanks for the head's up, btw.

• quincy_aka_quentin
    quincy_aka_quentin

Seems to me type, anti-type should be explained for the benefit of new jw's. As Hermono said new ones won't think much of it. Would be a shame since much of jw doctorin is founded on that prophetic explanation.

1914CE and 607BCE are BIG when it comes to change. I'd say bigger than 1975. Took a peek at the 1914 site looks good.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

"Type and Anti-Type" - F.W. Franz will be impressed.

N.B.: He is not the one dispensing 'truths' from heaven now, or is he?

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

marked

• Pterist
    Pterist

Marked !

great thread thanks ...

I will follow on your site also, I linked your site on JW Topixs

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/TK22499QL84VHOT4N

• Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh

Just completed another post to the ad1914.com blog. The one with the title that starts out [1 of 6] is the last one. So now the first two on the list below are linked. The articles are likely going to be rather tedious and long. I noticed that the Watchtower's own level of explanation about previous "type-antitype" parables and narratives was very skewed toward simple ones that didn't sound too difficult (Good Samaritan) or far-fetched (Naboth's Vineyard). I am replacing these with "The Prodigal Son" and "Elijah/Elisha" because these serve as a much better representation of the "type-antitype" genre, and make a much more realistic foundation for the discussion of the 3/15/15 articles themselves. 

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

At least they are making an effort to clear up the goofy ideas they have had about prophecies.

Churchianity is FOUNDED on coprolite- so NEVER will clear up their LIES about God and Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit