Should I attend Kingdom Hall meetings to discreetly "preach"?

by CrytoJesus 102 Replies latest jw friends

• CrytoJesus
    CrytoJesus

Christians, should I attend Kingdom Hall meetings to discreetly "preach" to JWs about the real Jesus and the lies of the Watchtower?

I plan to go undercover and plant seeds into them.

• sir82
    sir82

You're going to go into a Kingdom Hall and talk about Jesus?

They'll spot you as a troublemaker immediately.

No one talks about Jesus in a Kingdom Hall.

• blondie
    blondie

discreetly?

First thing, few or no one will know you. Sometimes people get ignored, mostly an elder or attendant will come up, introduce themselves, ask your name, are you a visiting jw, where you are from, why you decided to come, someone's return visit, bible study, relative. I wouldn't try your beliefs on them right away, especially if have not made previous contact with jws. You'd be surprised how small a group jws can be in an area, much overlap with other congregations through the circuit level. Second, rather than have an extended conversation at the KH, they will want to set up an appointment later at your place or theirs.

jws tend to hog the "conversation" and jump from topic to topic.

We had one born-again visit and blew it when he shouted prase the Lord after the first prayer.

jws expect non-jws to change and adopt their beliefs quickly or they drop them and move on.

• Viviane
    Viviane

No.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

whatever floats yer boat. i can't imagine it'd be worth sitting through a meeting to get ignored before and afterwards. JWs don't tolerate being preached to (hypocrites). The only way you might wake someone up is by asking questions that they have no answer for. Most likely, though, they'd just try to breeze past the difficult questions and force you to topics they want to talk about with their cherry picked scriptures. If you keep pressing your unanswerable questions, they'll just abandon any hope of converting you since you "don't have the right heart condition."

• CrytoJesus
    CrytoJesus

So what you guys are saying is that JWs tend to ignore newcomers?

I plan to seriously befriend people and try to earn their trust.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Yes. By all means, replace one fundamentally flawed belief system with your own.

• CrytoJesus
    CrytoJesus

What if after a while going there I show certain people the Watchtower's false prophecies, flip flops etc. using their own literature, how would most JWs react?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

CrytoJesus - I am still in, but am non-active and fading fast.

With all due respect, I have the inside track on everything which we are taught is "truth" by JW.ORG, as well as the "theocratic language" which Witnesses use; if I can't reach very close friends and relativeswith The Truth About The Truth, (TTATT) then you as a "worldly" person has got a snowball's chance in hell of being allowed to continue an "apostate" conversation with JW's who are total strangers!

They'll cut you dead and ask you to desist from such talk in the KH, and then suggest someone comes to your home to study with you and answer "all your questions and concerns."

Stick to your own flock - or else the wolves will get you!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Anyone harping on about jesus would stand out a mile and be treated as a troublemaker. the answer to your question is no.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit