Q-tips and Coffee Filters helped me learn TTATT

by RedPillPopper 20 Replies latest jw friends

• RedPillPopper
    RedPillPopper

Well they didn't fully teach me TTATT but helped me on the way.............

First thing I do in the morning after waking up is grinding some nice coffee beans and getting the brew started while I take a hot shower. After the shower I like to clean out all the nasty wax out of my ears with a Q-tip (or cotton swab for those not familiar with that term).

While cleaning out my ears I would think about how nice it is we have things like Q-tips and coffee filters that make life more enjoyable but at the same time realize that somebody somewhere is in a factory making these.

I can't imagine a child saying "when I grow up I want to work in a factory making coffee filters". The people who end up really doing that as adults did not set that to be a life goal. They are there out of necessity. That is the best job they have at the moment and would drop that like a hot potato if something better came along.

If in the New System we are all going to be petting tigers, eating oversized fruit, hiking to majestic waterfalls and pursuing everything this wicked old system would not allow, I am sure not going to readily volunteer to work in a factory (they would still be needed) making Q-tips in some barter system so I could trade them for another product I needed or wanted, like my coffee filter. I want to be in that hike to the majestic waterfall with the Tiger at my side.

Thinking on this made the working details of "Life in the New System" a little absurd.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Well that's a different recipe for learning TTATT!

qCF

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Funny, but so true!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Bravo REdPILLPOPPER for an original take on how absurb the beliefs of the WTBTS are.

And wellcome to this forum!

Gio

• kairos
    kairos

It takes quite a bit of manpower to run the world.

Steel mining/refining ( steel is in nearly everything and it's widespread use since about 1874 is what built the industrial and tech revolutions ).

Who gets those jobs?

---

Then there's the job of burying all the 8 billion bodies, but that's another story.

Good morning RPP!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I don't think I could have ever said it so succinctly, well done. I'm with ya - I always questioned the wisdom of everyone "building and having occupancy... Planting and eating the fruitage.". An economy in which everyone is entirely self sufficient would be wildly inefficient without the economies of scale or specialization. Not to mention - as you pointed out - it wouldn't be much of a paradise if everyone had to do factory work periodically - but in comparison with our current standard of living, it wouldn't be much of a paradise with no factory-made goods either.

• apostrate
    apostrate

OneEyedJoe,

This may be a little off the subject, but your line about "wouldn't be much of a paradise" immediately brought to my mind something I heard a stand-up comic say back in the 80's.

He said he was approached by a Jehovah Witness. He told the JW, "No Thanks". The JW said, "What's the matter? Don't you want to live forever?"

"Not with a bunch of Jehovahs Witnesses I don't".

I always thought from that moment on, it really wouldn't be much of a paradise if it's filled with nothing but Jehovahs Witnesses.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I think this line of thought is why some JWs conclude that we will be living in pastoral times in the new system. Say goodbye to those iGadgets, people! And phones and television and cars and so on.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

One day in service years ago, the bro driving our group spat his gum out the window before he hopped out to make a call. His wife snickered, said "you're going to be on gum-scraping duty in the paradise!"

Immediately the thought popped into my mind... I'd rather scrape gum day in and day out than be on dead body burial duty. Billions upon billions of bodies.

• apostrate
    apostrate

Captain Obvious,

Dead Body Burial Duty! That's hilarious!LOL!

Yeah, I guess there will be that, after all, the animals, germs and bacteria are all going to gorge themselves on so much dead carcasses they will be puking and turn vegetarian! What a mess, survivors will be wishing some of those dead people weren't so dead so they could help them clean up this mess!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit